When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stupid People

slay

On Monday I got something in the mail which was definietly not mine. I contacted the sender and told him, that I recieved somethin which is NOT mine and which I have never ordered.

(FYI I sent something to them for repair a while ago, but that is already sorted out)

So they reply "No, that cant be possible. What Item did you recieve? I will check with the shipping center!"

I told them what it was, and told them again, that I have not ordered anything from them and that the item is not mine.

Now I get an email that says "Oh, no problem, we replaced some parts on your item with better parts, Marry Christmas!"

And this is not language barrier or whatsoever. The item costs over 200euros, and I just wanted to be honest about it (and not just keep it without saying a word). But they simply dont get it. I think they have too much money or something!

send them a e-mail with : merry x-mas 2 u 2...and the problem is solved!

why don't I recive such "presents" in my mail!

Well, I dont want to keep it for half a year and then recieve eMails from them "blah blah blah, we discovered we sent you something by mistake, why didnt you send it back, blah blah blah".

Now I cant use it, and I cant sell it, because they might want it back in 6 months or so, when they discover they made a mistake!

Now we're curious. What did they send you?

JTB

it is an IPSC sport gun.

I don't know what the laws are in your area, but here as long as you give the company two formal notices that the goods are not yours and you didn't request them, and that they are available for collection (at their expense) and will be sold if they aren't collected by a specified time, then they become yours!

I don't know what the laws are in your area, but here as long as you give the company two formal notices that the goods are not yours and you didn't request them, and that they are available for collection (at their expense) and will be sold if they aren't collected by a specified time, then they become yours!

Yes, I think it is similar here. I have to call my mother about it, she is a lawyer, she should know!