When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Submariner 2014 3135 Movement

Avenue

Bro, where did u bought from? I need one..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, I didn't buy it off a website. I have a local contact who sourced this for me, I trusted it more. 

Make your way around forums, you'll find plenty of good dealers who have a good watch. 

For example: http://pure-time.com/product/submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-v5-11-noob-best-edition-a3135/

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I didn't buy it off a website. I have a local contact who sourced this for me, I trusted it more. 

Make your way around forums, you'll find plenty of good dealers who have a good watch. 

For example: http://pure-time.com/product/submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-v5-11-noob-best-edition-a3135/

Honestly I don't see the appeal to the a3135. If somebody is taking the caseback off of the watch the illusion is already far from gone and it seems to just be another thing that can fail. My 1016 build has a bulova 2824-2 in it, it looks nothing like the rolex movement but is incredibly reliable. Of course this comes down to there being different things for different people, but I find the modified movements a bit far.

I guess I'm stupid what do you guys mean by franken watch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A franken watch is a rep built with Gen pieces, such as a Gen dial, or bezel insert. That's when you can call a watch "Franken"; obviously, with only 1 simple Gen part, it doesn't make your rep a Franken watch immediately, but of course; it would be one. There are many different "qualifications" on a Franken watch. You have Franken's of 500$ and Franken's that cost $5k. 

Should browse about on Franken watches on the forums, there's a lot information to be found and it's always a pleasure to learn. 

Hope I helped you out a little!