When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Isn't That Wrrrrrrrr Sound On Asian 7750 Movements A Big Giveaway?

bigmouth

The only gen pam I ever owned was an 88 GMT and it had a magnificent wobble. The watch actually felt like it was shimmying on my wrist. It was one of the things that endeared me to the watch. But alas had to sell it due to financial difficulty. Really miss that beauty.

Eddy

My Link Chrono with new Asian 7750 movement has the same awefull ggggggrrrrrrrr sound. Most members in this thread are of the opinion that all 7750´s - either Asian or Swiss - make a wwwrrrr sound.

So today I went to the AD to finally sort it out for myself. I tried on a gen Link Chrono. It DID make a sound while moving. But very nicely and not that loud. I could also feel the vibrations of the spinning rotor. It made me happy :)

Back home I put the rep on my wrist and moved it. OMG, this sounded indeed like a meat grinder. Completely different sound and 10 times louder.

So this makes me think that maybe there are quality differences in the new Asian 7750 and I have probably a bad one....

That means either having it serviced or perhaps replacing it for a gen ETA 7750 + new hands.

Just my 2 cents...

• 2 weeks later...
So this makes me think that maybe there are quality differences in the new Asian 7750 and I have probably a bad one....

That means either having it serviced or perhaps replacing it for a gen ETA 7750 + new hands.

Just my 2 cents...

I don't know but when mine came it sounded very close to the gen. I'm very happy with it.

I have several genuines with 7750 movements.....they ALL whirr.......in fact I don't charge any extra for the whirr......I need to change my pricing structure....if you can hear the whirr....then that's additional enjoyment....so needs additional charges....!

I have an IWC Portuguese Chrono with the 7750 movement that had a particularly annoying whirrrrr sound. You could hear the rotor turn from 10 feet away, and every 10 minutes or so it would go nuts; it sounded like a tightly wound spring was unwinding inside the case. I love the looks of the watch, but the sound was so annoying that I never wore it. I would have been embarassed if someone had heard that incredibly loud sound. But from reading the forum, it seems as though my watch had much more noise than the typical rotor noise that people talk about with this movement.

Anyway, I read the thread mentioned earlier about how to fix the noise by applying axle grease to the rotor. I was going to go ahead and give it a try. I figured that since I never wore the watch because of the sound, there was little risk to me. But The Zigmeister cautioned against it. So I took an alternative route: I bought some high-grade all purpose watch oil (Moebius synt-a-lube 9010) on ebay for about fifteen bucks and put a half-drop on the rotor. My assumption was that this would be less dangerous than using axle grease.

Well, it worked beautifully for me. The rotor is almost entirely silent now. You can only hear the whirr if it is by your ear, and the "unwinding spring" sound is completely gone. The watch is on my wrist as I type this. So for me, that was a great fix and well worth the money I paid for the oil. I now wear the watch regularly.

I have an IWC Portuguese Chrono with the 7750 movement that had a particularly annoying whirrrrr sound. You could hear the rotor turn from 10 feet away, and every 10 minutes or so it would go nuts; it sounded like a tightly would spring was unwinding. I love the looks of the watch, but the sound was so annoying that I never wore it. I would have been embarassed if someone had hear that incredibly loud sound. But from reading the forum, it seems as though my watch had a much more noise than the typical rotor noise that people talk about.

Anyway, I read the thread mentioned earlier about how to fix the noise by applying axle grease to the rotor. I was going to go ahead and give it a try. I figured that since I never wore the watch because of the sound, there was little risk to me. But Ziggy cautioned against it. So I took an alternative route: I bought some high-grade all purpose watch oil (Moebius synt-a-lube 9010) on ebay for about fifteen bucks and put a half-drop on the rotor. My assumption was that this would be less dangerous then using axle grease.

Well, it worked beautifully for me. The rotor is almost entirely silent now. You can only hear the whirr if it is by your ear, and the "unwinding spring" sound is completely gone. The watch is on my wrist as I type this. So for me, that was a great fix and well worth the money I paid for the oil. I now wear the watch regularly.

Nice job and much better and more sensible solution than spraying the inside of the watch with WD-40!

I too love feeling my eccentric whirring about inside the watch. Its an automatic mechanical for God's sake.

Last monday i've received the PAM 187 from Joshua. Nice rep, really like it, everything OK but... that Wrrrrr sound of the movement, when you move your wrist in a certain way, kind of irritates me.

This is my 3rd rep with the Asian 7750 movement. PAM212, IWC GST Ti and now also PAM 187 they all have this Wrrrrrr sound of the rotor. PAM 187 is the worst, the Wrrrrr sound is really loud.

Isn't this a big giveaway? I have never had the genuine watches on my wrist but I think that the wrrrrr sound is not hearable on a gen. I am I right? Last night I handed my PAM 187 over to a friend of mine, first thing he said was "what's that noise, is it defect"?

Does the Swiss 7750 also make so much wrrrrr noise, or is it just an Asian "flaw"?

Do you REALLY think anyone but yourself hears it...????...And YOU already KNOW it's fake!!!... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Do you REALLY think anyone but yourself hears it...????...And YOU already KNOW it's fake!!!... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you had really read then you had seen you also quoted "Last night I handed my PAM 187 over to a friend of mine, first thing he said was "what's that noise, is it defect"?"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: