When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Red 1680 gets new strap!

Mendota Explorer

No problem.  Do you know how they compare to WSO springbars? The Ebay ones I mentioned have flat tips so I ended up not ordering them. I'm using my Yuki bars for the time being, which actually aren't that bad after all. I think it's just my leather strap that is interfering with how they sit. When they are installed in the watch head alone they look fine.

Honestly, I've never personally had the WSO bars, but I've read that they lose spring tension/strength after a few removals. It might been luck of the draw for those particular bars, but I can't be certain.

The Startime bars have held up very well though, including through many removals as I mess around making leather straps and test fitting them.

Star Time Bars :

stbars.jpg

Dbane did a review of them http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/175027-spring-bars/?hl=%2Bst+%2Bbars

Honestly, I've never personally had the WSO bars, but I've read that they lose spring tension/strength after a few removals. It might been luck of the draw for those particular bars, but I can't be certain.

The Startime bars have held up very well though, including through many removals as I mess around making leather straps and test fitting them.

Thanks guys!  Do either of you by any chance have any spare ST bars you want to sell?  I looked at setting up a watchmaker account, as was described in that thread above, but there is a minimum order plus shipping.  I don't have any other needs at the moment.  No worries if not.  :)

• 3 weeks later...

Great looking watch! 

2 days ago I sent a mail to Francis asking if one of these is still available... You can even choose between 200m=660ft and with Mark I or II dials.

I hope to get one too, because I love them...

Great looking watch! 

2 days ago I sent a mail to Francis asking if one of these is still available... You can even choose between 200m=660ft and with Mark I or II dials.

I hope to get one too, because I love them...

And they are available! Wooohooo!! Great :D

• Like 1