When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New V8 or V1 15710 open-caseback AP ROO Diver out

gran

Personally, I don't like display backs on Divers. If a dive watch is a "Dive watch", then it's by my definition a tool watch. Dive watches have had closed backs primarily for one reason, it's safer from a water ingress standpoint. Of course, the AP diver is a diver, but it's not a "Dive watch" nobody except someone who is super rich is going to take a 15K+ watch 60 feet underwater. First because diving is hard on a watch, if you're in areas with lots of coral, it's inevitable that you are going to bang or scrape on coral heads, second getting back on a dive boat especially if the seas are  a little rough is like trying to ride a mechanical bull at the state fair!! I have banged my watch, camera, dive computer on the steps or rails of dive boats plenty of times, just trying to get on the boat. All of the above is the main reason professional divers wear relatively inexpensive tough watches.

I believe the primary reason AP went to the display back on Divers was to foil the rep makers, another exercise in futility. I believe that they are alarmed by the accuracy of the high end reps, and mistakenly believe that this will make it impossible to rep the divers. Sort of like Rolex using the etched coronet on the crystal and the Rolex, Rolex, Rolex engraving on the rehaut. Stopped those nasty fakers in their tracks didn't it? ;)

I think I'll just keep my V7

• Like 3

yucks, no thanks. 

There is no way to properly replicate the AP3120 caliber, so a see-through caseback is not value adding to the accuracy of the rep at all.

Plus, like what my friend P153 said, the display caseback does not make sense in the genuine one at all, other than showing off something the replicas cannot deliver. ;) 

232829p214f4t41vpf4v1f.jpg

232822byw9g9mqzie8t1ga.jpg

Pictures from Retina at RWI...looks like its is out

JLS1963 claims that:

"One of the TD's, TSWatch is listing this as a Noob New Release 1:1 Best Asian Clone AP 3120 movement.
Would love some of the resident AP Experts to review this vs the JF V7 and Noob V5.1.
From what I have seen, this new version on Rubber is a $50 premium vs V7 and V5.1.
I am not sure I would pony up an extra $50 for this re-release with a display case back...."

Is the DW different??? Anyone with a V7, does that number 18 look the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me the date font looks different than on V6 and V7