When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is the watch running too fast?

docdoowop

Kind of depends on how it runs in several other positions. Especially for an old movement. I've got an A2836 in my everyday beater that I had to set at +31 sec/day face up and with that it runs almost perfectly over a weeks time.

Hello guys.

I have this beauty

46559557_934_zpsf8jxqm9f.jpg

It is running about +40 secs per day.

Is that considered abnormally fast?

Thanks in advance

That is perfectly normal for this watch and much better than being slow

Position : The accuracy of the watch is affected by its position when it is not worn on the wrist.

The rates of loss / gain of mechanical watches vary slightly depending on positions they are put in, such as being placed horizontally with its face or back turned up, or being laid on its 12:00 / 3:00 / 6:00 / 9:00 side respectively. This is because gravity affects the operation of the inside movement of the watch. Experiment with storing the watch in various positions for 7 to 8 hours when not in use and check the loss / gain of each position. By storing the watch in a resting position that minimizes loss / gain you may counteract the loss/ gain which occurs while the watch is being worn.

Awesome info, thank you all and Gran.

Now, I searched all over the net for info on this watch and NOTHING!

What movement is in it and what do you guys think is the market value of this watch if I was to sell it later on(after a service).

That is perfectly normal for this watch and much better than being slow

Position : The accuracy of the watch is affected by its position when it is not worn on the wrist.

The rates of loss / gain of mechanical watches vary slightly depending on positions they are put in, such as being placed horizontally with its face or back turned up, or being laid on its 12:00 / 3:00 / 6:00 / 9:00 side respectively. This is because gravity affects the operation of the inside movement of the watch. Experiment with storing the watch in various positions for 7 to 8 hours when not in use and check the loss / gain of each position. By storing the watch in a resting position that minimizes loss / gain you may counteract the loss/ gain which occurs while the watch is being worn.

omega-seamaster-1955-6.gif

Open up and see..if its this later movement its pretty unique...but yours could have a different movement or even be fake....time will telll