When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Member, Starting With Planet Ocean Acquisition

To introduce myself. My name is Dr No and I'm happy to be your new member.

My first acquisition is from the Omega range. I went with the 6th generation Planet Ocean Godzilla – the 45mm XXL model. It weights exactly at hefty 225g with full, unsized bracelet. You certainly get a lot of watch for the money. I have a thin wrist but, after initially worrying that I might have made a bad choice, I’m glad to report that watch sits comfortably after removing 3 links. So, don’t be scared, go for the best.

This PO replica is a work of art. One has to admire craftsmanship required to make a clone of the original PO (note: I used the word clone rather than reproduction). It really is as close as possible to the real thing that it can't be much further perfected. The attention to detail and finish are simply superb. Everything was done to very high levels of tolerance. Buckle and divers extension function perfectly – they close nice and tight – not hard, yet not loose.

The only minor problems I can see with this watch is a limited thread length for the screw-down crown i.e. it takes only a turn till the end, as opposed to e.g. seiko or citizen divers whose crowns have a few turns. Lume glows, but it doesn't last for very long. I wish they used the same stuff as in Seiko's monster divers - their lume glows for the whole night. For the price, non-reflective coating can be forgiven.

This weekend my other half and I will be going to a shop to check out the same Omega and will let you know if we could pick any differences :) I'll also let you know, in a week or so, what time keeping accuracy you may expect from this model. I'm not sure what to do about regulation? Would be kinda' embarassing to give a 'fake' watch to a watchmaker. I would not be surprised if some even refuse to do any work on it. How do you go about this matter and servicing in general?

Finally, I bought the watch from Paul and this man certainly delivered the top goods. The price was right too. I would recommend this watch from Paul to anyone.

Yours sincerely,

Dr No