When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Noob's Perspective To This Place!

millwright

My recent posting in a " For sale " thread and it's involvement with Two Tone got me thinking.

I'm the " new guy " as of such here on RWG, RWI, and RC... mainly b/c I'm a hands on guy, but I dont' have the knowledge or the manual dexterity to work on watches.

hah

So I've been playing the lurking role, reading, learning, and absorbing.

To be honest, the place seems somewhat harsh at first, as it would to all noobs. Asking simple questions usually results in a " use the search! " response. Aren't we all guilty of wanting instant gratification?

And then I though back to the boards I've been a member of for many years... a close knit group, of local or semi-local guys and gals. And I realized that I am THAT guy on our boards. Always telling a noob to STFU or to SEARCH.

Oh the irony.

So what I'm trying to say is...

I love this place.

It's simply remarkable the amount of passion, caring, and information we have for these reps. Even more impressive is the lengths that some would go to defend the trust and integrity of these boards as well. I cite Two Tone as an example, in the sale thread I referenced at the beginning of this thread. He takes caveat emptor with a grain of salt and goes above and beyond to lookout for the buyer.

Remarkable.

I can honestly tell you that we have the most throrough, precise, and detailed group of people as a resource and more importantly, as a family.

Thank you to all of you for allowing me to be a member.

When my credit card cools off, I'll finally donate to the board!

ha ha ha

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all! May God bless you and your familys, and I hope it's a wonderful time of the year for all of us!

My best to you all!

Edited by millwright79

My recent posting in a " For sale " thread and it's involvement with Two Tone got me thinking.

I participate very actively in a variety of online forums. From car/hp/truck/fourwheeling forums to photography, firearms, and food reviews.

I'm the " new guy " as of such here on RWG, RWI, and RC... mainly b/c I'm a hands on guy, but I dont' have the knowledge or the manual dexterity to work on watches.

hah

So I've been playing the lurking role, reading, learning, and absorbing.

To be honest, the place seems somewhat harsh at first, as it would to all noobs. Asking simple questions usually results in a " use the search! " response. Aren't we all guilty of wanting instant gratification?

And then I though back to the boards I've been a member of for many years... a close knit group, of local or semi-local guys and gals. And I realized that I am THAT guy on our boards. Always telling a noob to STFU or to SEARCH.

Oh the irony.

So what I'm trying to say is...

I love this place.

It's simply remarkable the amount of passion, caring, and information we have for these reps. Even more impressive is the lengths that some would go to defend the trust and integrity of these boards as well. I cite Two Tone as an example, in the sale thread I referenced at the beginning of this thread. He takes caveat emptor with a grain of salt and goes above and beyond to lookout for the buyer.

Remarkable.

I must have bought and sold upwards of $500k+ of parts, equipment, guns, and electronics online.

I can honestly tell you that we have the most throrough, precise, and detailed group of people as a resource and more importantly, as a family.

Thank you to all of you for allowing me to be a member.

When my credit card cools off, I'll finally donate to the board!

ha ha ha

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all! May God bless you and your familys, and I hope it's a wonderful time of the year for all of us!

My personal favorite quote:

Live, Laugh, Love, and LEARN!

My best to you all!

Welcome...Happy Holidays!!!

rwg is a great place for reps and discussions about them.

As a biginner although you are not allowed to have comments or critize to much. Some around here seem to have a very close relation and when you critize 1 you will get the rest over you, including a moderator.

Luckily there are others that are more relaxed to compensate for some of those arrogant ones that think beginners should not be allowed to critize.

illwright what you are saying once you are longer on a board you become on off those that does not like beginners questions and give short sometimes answer like use search.

Selfreflection is something that more people should do, but that is a personality issue that is difficult for lost of people.

You were honest enough to tell your story and hopefully you treat beginners on the board your are active on differently now, knowing that you are one here.

All in all lots of information here.

rwg is a great place for reps and discussions about them.

As a biginner although you are not allowed to have comments or critize to much. Some around here seem to have a very close relation and when you critize 1 you will get the rest over you, including a moderator.

Luckily there are others that are more relaxed to compensate for some of those arrogant ones that think beginners should not be allowed to critize.

illwright what you are saying once you are longer on a board you become on off those that does not like beginners questions and give short sometimes answer like use search.

Selfreflection is something that more people should do, but that is a personality issue that is difficult for lost of people.

You were honest enough to tell your story and hopefully you treat beginners on the board your are active on differently now, knowing that you are one here.

All in all lots of information here.

Patience, as they say, is a kingly virtue.

Well said bbob. And I agree.

And I've got patience on all the boards, but...

I have no patience for ignorant people.... I don't mind stupid people, they can't help it. There's simply no excuse for ignorance.

Happy Holidays all!