When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question Re. Movement Size

Guest avitt

I was looking at the specs for the Rolex 1570 at this site:

Ranfft Pink Pages - 1570

The movement specifications are listed as:

12.5''', Do= 28.5mm, Dm= 28.2mm, H= 5.75mm

Can someone provide the definition of Do and Dm? (Many movements only list Dm, so I'm guessing that Do may be the overall diameter, with the rotor....)

Many Thanks.

Dm- Diameter minimum

Do- Diameter overall

Or it could be Diameter maximum?

No Sprecthen zie Deutsch. But I doubt it's German, just technical jargon

Or Diameter opening? You can't fit a Dm movement in a smaller case so you'd need a Do that's greater.

Just thinking out loud!

Thanks guys. I'm asking this question because I've asked DW if he could produce a 1665 case set (for a friend). He came back and said that he could, and asked for the movement dimensions. Heywood, if you wouldn't mind confirming the key dimensions with calipers, it would be very helpful.

Thanks again.

I just took a measurement on a spare 1500 Date case which I have, 28.25mm inside. Interestingly enough, the case has a cut out on the side opposite the case tube, I guess to allow for more room for the movement on that side. The 1500 Date takes the 1575 movement also. The ring above that that the dial would sit against is 27.13mm.

But more appropriate to your case is that the spare dial for my 1680 is 26.15mm. I'm thinking that the 1665 dial would be closer to a 1680. And of course, didn't the original 1665's use a modified sub case? I guess what you really need is a 1665 case!

aligoat the cut out that u mentioned on the opposite side of your case of the tube side u have is for the screw on the 1570 that u adjust up and down to hold the movment secure in place , it is basically a cut out so when u turn the movement a half turn to uncase or remove the movment from the case and u guys r pretty much right on the diameter

merry christmas

joe