When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Royal Oak Offshore "Navy"

Can someone please explain to me the differences between these two watches apart from the leather and rubber straps. Also, can someone please tell me how to put on the leather strap! It's hard putting it in the slider and lifting the case because it sticks to my wrist. 

http://pure-time.com/product/royal-oak-offshore-2014-navy-jf-11-best-edition-blue-theme-on-blue-rubber-strap-a7750-free-blue-leather-strap/

vs

http://pure-time.com/product/royal-oak-offshore-jf-11-best-edition-blue-themes-on-blue-leather-strap-a7750/

The top one is the newer "2014" edition. It has ceramic pushers rather than the rubber pushers, not sure what other "improvements" were made. this is a rep of the latest line of AP ROO 42mm watches. It also uses a strap with the tang buckle which is 20mm. The older model uses the deployant buckle and it is 18mm wide. I'm slowly converting all of my AP ROO's over to the newer style straps and tang buckles, as they are much more comfortable to me, anyway.

Not sure what you are describing about the leather strap. Is it difficult because the leather keepers are too tight?

The top one is the newer "2014" edition. It has ceramic pushers rather than the rubber pushers, not sure what other "improvements" were made. this is a rep of the latest line of AP ROO 42mm watches. It also uses a strap with the tang buckle which is 20mm. The older model uses the deployant buckle and it is 18mm wide. I'm slowly converting all of my AP ROO's over to the newer style straps and tang buckles, as they are much more comfortable to me, anyway.

Not sure what you are describing about the leather strap. Is it difficult because the leather keepers are too tight?

post-48588-0-40138800-1423146290_thumb.j

How am I supposed to use this kind of buckle. Thanks. 

How am I supposed to use this kind of buckle. Thanks.

That is a deployant buckle. One end is fixed to the end of a strap. The other end has a slot where the other strap goes through, and a pin where the wearer could fit through any hole on the strap.

The deployant buckle is then folded to lock it in place over the wrist when watch is worn.

It's rather intuitive you know. ;)

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

Here are some photos of the deployant buckle and it's attachment to the strap. The deployant has a tiny screw that holds the end that fastens to the short side of the strap, the screw must be removed and the cross piece slides out. On the second one, one side of the cross piece unscrews you slip the other side in and screw in the one that was unscrewed. With the one that has the tiny screw, I use a tiny bit of Blue Loctite, not a big drop, just a tiny drop.

d364743495c706615a28b08b419d5454.jpg

14f768f9ff4dcc340e00e16ac92a0aaf.jpg

fbd00693dde863cc290e04be3f05c1ec.jpg

The other end is for the tongue side and you slide it through and the pin goes in one of the holes in the tongue side. You adjust that side by moving to another hole to tighten or loosen.

e8aa1f7b302687a221f4e98b65eeb848.jpg

787c172919163ca33542f081723c0fb3.jpg

30bc06bcec189f2faf567c4580fbdc87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a deployant buckle. One end is fixed to the end of a strap. The other end has a slot where the other strap goes through, and a pin where the wearer could fit through any hole on the strap.

The deployant buckle is then folded to lock it in place over the wrist when watch is worn.

It's rather intuitive you know. ;)

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

Here are some photos of the deployant buckle and it's attachment to the strap. The deployant has a tiny screw that holds the end that fastens to the short side of the strap, the screw must be removed and the cross piece slides out. On the second one, one side of the cross piece unscrews you slip the other side in and screw in the one that was unscrewed. With the one that has the tiny screw, I use a tiny bit of Blue Loctite, not a big drop, just a tiny drop.

d364743495c706615a28b08b419d5454.jpg

14f768f9ff4dcc340e00e16ac92a0aaf.jpg

fbd00693dde863cc290e04be3f05c1ec.jpg

The other end is for the tongue side and you slide it through and the pin goes in one of the holes in the tongue side. You adjust that side by moving to another hole to tighten or loosen.

e8aa1f7b302687a221f4e98b65eeb848.jpg

787c172919163ca33542f081723c0fb3.jpg

30bc06bcec189f2faf567c4580fbdc87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great, Thanks for the input. 

Also, do you guys know when the newer version of the Offshores are coming with the jewel in the middle of the rotor? I've only seen one, waiting to see when the other ones come out?

http://pure-time.com/product/royal-oak-offshore-jf-best-edition-pride-of-mexico-on-black-leather-strap-a7750/