When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

trouble with my 390, 6497-2 movement

Pontiaddict

Hi all, I'm having issues with a new PAM 390; it has a 6497-2 movement and is now just three weeks old... at issue it stops every time it is face down.

It took a bit of testing to figure just what was happening, but with the watch wound it runs in every orientation except face down. I noticed it stopped as it was buckled onto the wrist but ran fine on the shelf... winding, watching, testing it took a bit but that is what I have determined.

So, next steps? return it? open the case? other...? any suggestion is appreciated.

post-65941-0-73842200-1433977903_thumb.j

post-65941-0-85144800-1433977904_thumb.j

Edited by Pontiaddict

Thank you, the dealer wants me to return it to them. I will do that and wait to see how this works out, the strange thing is I'm more concerned about customs now then ever before, only time will tell... hopefully it makes the round trip safely.

Thank you SSTEEL I appreciate your advice and expertise in this regard. I don't have a relationship with a watchsmith locally, I will try to find someone as even addressing the package seems a daunting task filled with uncertainty.

If someone reads and knows of a reputable service vendor... anything is better than nothing.

My most sincere thanks to all that have reviewed this thread and issue.

• 3 months later...

Three months, three months after it was sent in for repairs my PAM 390 was finally returned to me yesterday.  The dealer (KW-Kuvarsit Watch) was helpful through out the long wait, always polite and seemed genuinely concerned with resolving an issue with their product.  I have no complaint with the long wait for a repair, in fact at least two weeks of that time was due to me choosing parcel post rather than priority service.   I do not know what the repairs consisted of, but it appears to be running flawlessly after 24 hours, so now once again, I am one pleased customer.

The primary reason for my follow up is to note the dealer name (KW) customer service rep. (Amanda) and that service was provided, when needed.  I appreciated that help and want to recognize their commitment to their product line.   Especially compared to other dealers, one in particular that when advised of a fault with a watch replied not just once but four times that I should "slap it hard three or four times and then wind it 30-35 turns and allow the movement to run-in". After the fourth canned response I decided to never again purchase a watch from that dealer... And I never will.

"All's well that ends well".

image.jpg