When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help fitting strap on my AP

coffindodger

I've tried several ways in the past and its horses for courses. Sometimes I fit the plots to the strap first sometimes not...... sorry I can't be of more help mate. Patience though as it will be worth it.

Sometimes these are a really frustrating. One thing I do is run something through the holes in the new strap to clean out any glue or leather inside. I then try to line up the holes by using the same thing, started with a straightened out heavy paper clip, now I use a small drill bit. Once I can get the bit all the way through I slowly back it out and advance the lug screw as I pull out the bit. Sometimes it takes a lot of jiggling and pressure to get everything to line up. AP has to have developed the most diabolical band attachment mechanism of any watch company around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this the plots to case or strap to plots? If the second maybe locate one side on a screwdriver and then try and unscrew the other side. If it still turns but doesn't come out then it must be loose so try and grab it with the Mrs tweezers or something.

give up and going to bed.

put scratches on the side of the watch stuck the screw driver in my finger :fool:  and now put the old strap back on. Now 1 of the case screws won't screw all the way 

back in the f-ing case looks like its going to have to go to somebody for fitting now before it gets a good  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:

Edited by coffindodger