When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dw Daytona In Question: Vj23 Or Lemania?

Pre V

Hi Rolex lovers...ubiquitous...Sherrington and gang...

Got the Daytona Fever coming on strong and am in the midst of a DW Daytona acquisition.

Before I take the leap, can anyone give me an insight into the main differences between VJ23 "Mystery movement" and Lemania?

I know that Lemania is a manual chronos movement. How about VJ23? Is it automatic or manual?

With regards to the stability of VJ23, has any DW Daytona owners faced any problems with this movement? If so, what are the more common problems? Which would you recommend, a VJ23 or Lemania (seems to be a more stable movt)

Steel or Black Bezel this question has been accompanying me all night....I love them both.... Especially with ubi's solid scans of his 6263. ;)

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Depends what you want out of your watch. Fitting a VJ23 into the existing DW case is the preferable option as it is a much more reliable movement. However like the DW movement it is a bi-compax movement ie only two working chrono dials. There is no hour chrono dial on a VJ23. For that you will need a VJ72 and then a case to take the movement, new hands etc.

Personally I serviced my DW movement myself and it seems reliable, albeit not very well constructed. The hands reset perfectly but I still don't use the chrono function, as I don't trust it's longevity.

The VJ23, just like the DW, is a manual movement. So was the movement in the Genuine watch as well.

You pays your money and you take your chances, so to speak. :D