When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Pam188 From Andrew!

Pam-O-licious

Andrew delivered! a Beautiful Pam188... :1a: The transaction was smooth and the watch got here in 6 days (to USA) :D

I took the watch to my Watch repair man. He opened it to check it out. The rotor was engraved (Bonus) and the mvt (Swiss 7753) was Good. It was a little dry so he oiled it for me but, besides that everything works Great (chrono's and date) and the lum's look Great!

Here are the "Minor" differences compared to a Gen and I emphasize on MINOR..well at least to me ;)

Spacing on the numbers

Sub dials are not recessed enough

Sub dial hands are a bit too long

Date font

Font of numbers is .5 point off or less

Back casing is missing "Luminor" and the production number

You would literally have to have the watches Side by Side to notice any of these things..

Since "Tech" posted pictures of this same watch with a black band I thought I would post some with a Brown Band (Rep) I am currently waiting for a Florence from "V" and Few from "BOB" B)

These pictures where taken with a Point and Shoot camera...so don't laugh at my shots.. :animal_rooster: I didn't notice but, there was black felt fibers all over the watch. :black_eye:

If you contemplating getting this piece... GET IT , You Will Not be Disappointed

Ok, I'll stop rambling here are the pic's :yeah:

172504-9242.jpg

172504-9243.jpg

172504-9244.jpg

172504-9245.jpg

172504-9246.jpg

172504-9247.jpg

172504-9248.jpg

172504-9249.jpg

172504-9250.jpg

172504-9251.jpg

Edited by RonCast

Looks great. Clearly an old school (read as better quality case and bezel). Enjoy it. Even with all the new PAM models coming out my favorites are still the original movement automatics. The 188, 1986 and 2892 GMT's get the most wrist time. :) And these watches are only going to get rarer as the movements begin to disappear.

Looks great. Clearly an old school (read as better quality case and bezel). Enjoy it. Even with all the new PAM models coming out my favorites are still the original movement automatics. The 188, 1986 and 2892 GMT's get the most wrist time. :) And these watches are only going to get rarer as the movements begin to disappear.

Dude - notice how much better that dial is.

• 2 weeks later...