When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Polishing compound for gmt2

Guest jdmdohcpower

Guest jdmdohcpower

I want to polish and oil my soon to arrive gmt2, the only polish I have worked with is brasso and cape cod. I know I cant use them on this one. There was a post where someone used unipol on theirs, I cant seem to find that in the US. What will shine it to a mirror finish while still having the brushed look?

Thanks

What you are trying to do is polish out the small scratches and leave even smaller ones, all the while cutting not enough material off to remove the scratches that make up the brushed finish. Most metal polishes will do that for you.

I had a tube of GT88 kicking around from when some idiot spray painting the other side of the fence separating my driveway from the gas station next door painted a section of the door of my Mercedes before he realized what he was doing. It works OK on car paint, but it really works well on stainless. Cheap and easy to find in an automotive store.

Guest jdmdohcpower

Maybe its becuase I have never had a rolex but isnt the gmt2 bracelet not supposed to be mirror finished?? or is it while still have the brushed look? How is that done?

Maybe its becuase I have never had a rolex but isnt the gmt2 bracelet not supposed to be mirror finished?? or is it while still have the brushed look? How is that done?

Maybe this helps?

http://www.replicacollector.com/members/in...topic=20326&hl=

Guest jdmdohcpower

I did read that and yes it did help, I just dont know what type of compound to use. I really think Im worried I will mess it up since I have only ever polished breitlings which used cape cod and never needed to have the brushed look.

I'll second the Semichrome. It deeeep cleans the metal but it is gentle enough not to disturb the satin finish. Best to apply with a soft cotton cloth after you remove the factory dirt/dust from the watch.

I use this with all my Rollies and can't complain about the results. :D

Jet