When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Well I did it!

Pearl

My first rep, which I love after owning it 6 months now was loosing a few minutes a week. This became frustrating so I read on and accumulated some tools and ready myself for some surgery.

I started by replacing a tiny battery in my daughters Swiss Army watch. My 56 year old eyes and big fingers found it quite challenging.

5f5b867d033afa313910babf35674d96.jpg

3f81634cafab111f96b0b9804f222355.jpg

It was successful!

So next in line was my beloved Seamaster.

52c886458f981b61fc4c5899c83921a6.jpg

e62daa1005041ed94bc32f44cfa3f539.jpg

906f6264753868974b219fe475cc0f42.jpg

That little regulator arm is very, very small. I hacked it, got in there and moved it the distance of a certain kind of hair...it's an industry term. We will see if I picked up a few minutes a week.

I was quite proud of my accomplishment.

I'll report back.

I'll report my findings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Hooray!  Good for you for taking the courage to just get in there and try it.  That literally is half the battle right there.  Now that you have opened it up once and successfully closed it, the next time won't feel nearly as daunting.  Pretty soon you will be able to just whip out the tools and open it up without any hesitation.

I'm in a similar situation.  I have a project list a mile long, which includes tinkering with pieces I already own plus building new ones, and I finally decided enough was enough and I needed to just "do it."  I had a bunch of Amazon and Ebay gift cards so I purchased all of the tools I am going to need.  I am just waiting on a hand setter to arrive now before I get to work on anything major. While I am waiting for that to arrive, I am going to open up all of my watches and grease the gaskets to make sure everyone is nice and watertight.

• Like 1

Hooray!  Good for you for taking the courage to just get in there and try it.  That literally is half the battle right there.  Now that you have opened it up once and successfully closed it, the next time won't feel nearly as daunting.

Agree a 100 percent. Congrats.

I'm working my way up to hopefully a franken build in the near future.

So after 3 and a half days my watch is dead on balls accurate. In fact the department of weights and measures contacted me to set the atomic clock!

I moved that regulator lever a tiny smidge, and checked against my iPhone it's been perfect.

Glad I came here to learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk