When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ingenieur Chrono: Reliable Mvt.?

shultz

I am still owning the standard Inge but I am also interested in that chrono (steel, not AMG). I'd be interested in the qualitiy and reliability of the movement :g: . As I can see the mvt. construction is a bit similar to the daytona reps with running sec. @ 6. But there are further changes in construction (see the subdial's position at 12). So: Is the chrono purchase worth? I mean will that watch be good enough as a reliable daily rocker?

Moving the seconds from 9 to 6 seems to put a lot of stress on the movement.

The basic problem is that they took 5 gears to move it from 9 to 6, but could easily have done it with 3 gears.

And to make it worse, the gears have no pivots, they sit flat against the movement bridges and have a LOT of friction...

Until they use 3 gears, and install the gears with pivots and jewels, I would stay away from these models...

RG

Moving a subdial that ckicks over once a minute when the chrono is running is not a big deal. Moving a subdial that is constantly running with multiple gears is a mechanical set-up for failure. It's not that it can't work, its just that the more parts to the mouse trap, the greater the chance something will break down. I have never had a mechanical reliability issue with a geared up 7750 that moves the very infrequently moving minute chrono subdial from 12 to 3. A geared up constantly moving running seconds subdial move is another story.