When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ebay Rolex Gmt Gens With Aftermarket Part

MechWatch

This says watch is a GMT II and appears to be a GMT II since GMT hand shows different time then hour hand, but the dial say GMT Master!!! :Jumpy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rolex-GMT-Master-II-Re...1QQcmdZViewItem

This ebay auction shows a GMT II with aftermarket bezel insert. The "8" is too large with the bottom not on the surface of the bezel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

Not disclosing that not all parts are genuine is another form of rip-off, maybe not as bad as trying to pass a rep as gen.

I also noticed that the bracelets on many acutions don't have number on the largest link. Is this correct or rep bracelet?

If you look at the bottom of the GMT Master dial, it says T < 25. This dates this dial to pre mid 90's cause that's when they stopped using Tritium. I would think this is a reputable seller, but they must have their pictures messed up, or they aren't so reputable. I thought Rolex stopped production of the GMT Master a few years ago, but I'm not positive.

As for Astorlive, they have stopped me from bidding on their auctions because I questioned one of their watches- an old GMT with lousy date mag. I can't say the bezel insert is aftermarket, and I don't know about the band, but I do know Astorlive will ban you if you seriously question them. Makes you wonder about their 100% approval rating.

I do agree that there are alot of watches w/ aftermarket parts that are referred to as 100% Rolex, but really aren't. The only way you're going to get around that is by going directly to Rolex for service and paying thru the nose. If you buy a watch, they will verify its authenticity for you for a fee which used to be around $75, but is probably more these days.

Well MechWatch, you might try placing a bid on an Astorlive watch (preferably early on, on a NR watch that you know will sell for alot more than you're bidding) and see what happens. It would be interesting to see if they just ignored you or if they also banned you. Or you could try placing a bid on a cheap item. I was just trying to buy a $49 Rolex crystal for my 1500 Date so I'd have a spare when I found out that I'd been banned. Of course, I emailed them, but received no reply. Needless to say, I consider their reputation less than 100% sterling.