When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any spare driving calendar wheel for 2836-2 in EU?

ryaku

Right.

I have the suspect the issue in my 2836 is linked to a faulty driving calendar wheel.
I am testing the movement with no dial.
Date change takes almost 2 hours to complete: it starts at 10.20 pm to be completed at 12 o clock.. I can manually change date with no issue, cannot be the spring.

Does my guess make any sense?

Thanks

It is possible that the gear you have is not homed correctly in the copper lever which is under tension from the silver fork spring.  When fitting the calendar gear, work with the stem away from you @12, position the gear fork at 1 o'clock and the circle hole @10, and then release the the copper lever gently, and then it should engage the underside of the calendar gear correctly. You will need to use very fine tipped tweezers to hold the copper lever back whilst placing the gear in its pivot, ensuring that part of the gear is under the shield which slides/locks onto the main plate pivot, the same as the copper lever under it.

Thanks SSTEEL

I have stripped down the calendar module at least ten times (I know how to assemble it very well now :D)
It's easier if I remove all the parts, copper lever and spring included.

I have tried to orient the driving calendar wheel in different ways...to no avail. I am still not sure if once engaged I am fine or if it can be engaged in the wrong position.

There must be a faulty part or I am missing something .

I have tried again and I realized the parts are all in the right place and the mechanism works one turn, then the driving wheels gets dislodged and doesn't engaged anymore.

It doesn't get dislodged if I gently press the top of the driving calendar wheel with a stick of wood.
Apparently there's too much tolerance and the part can move under the pressure of the spring. The maintaining plate is ok and apparently firm.
I am a bit lost now as I have no idea which part might be responsible.

2836.jpg