When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another Chanel J12 Question

maxse

Okay guys I need help here. I am looking to get this watch for my mother's birthday and I know she wants one with diamonds that isn't small.

I remember her saying she liked the J12 w/ the diamond bezel a while ago so thats what I want to get her.

If I do get it it will be the highest quality Joshua's J12 with the diamond bezel. I believe it is $688 shipped and he said in China they sell these as gens in the stores.

Now the big question here is how good are these diamonds? He said they are cubic Zirconia, but how good are they? If she walks into a dealer will they be able to tell that they are not real diamonds on her wrist? Any comments or sugestions? This is a lot of $$ to spend on a rep. so I want to make sure it is a damned good one.

It is muchos $$$ because of the ceramic case, bracelet and the swiss quartz movement. I don't think the 'diamonds' are of a very high quality.....it are just plain old zirconias, like they use in 5 dollar ear rings.

Don't worry. I really don't think anyone could call her out because of the Zircs ... not even an AD. Unless she takes it of and he uses a diamond tester ... which is highly unlikely :)

It's not the watch that has to look real.... it's the wearer! ( a $50 jumpsuit and a $5000 watch don't match)

Edited by Rolexman

well she doesn't know because it is a present...

but I know that it is in style now for women to wear men's watches now and besides 38mm is really not that big. And I recall that she wanted a bigger larger watch although she did want a rectangular one similar to the cartier tank but the cartiers are just too small.