When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HK Airmail Customs Issues?

busetinha

Let me be perfectly clear here....no one on this forum comes close to being knowledgeable on the best or safest shipping methods.

This is not an attack on those making such claims it is just a statement of reality.

10 years ago it was claimed shipping through Chicago was just asking for trouble, then it was NY and then another landfall etc etc etc....

Then there was ship Fedex...don't ship Fedex, ship EMS...don't ship EMS..DHL etc etc etc.....

The only thing that is truly asking for trouble is telling your dealer how to ship, all dealers use shipping agents and those agents watch the postal system to ascertain the very best method to ship at that particular time.

No it's not 100% foolproof but it is much closer than us members trying to state the terms of shipping.

Ken

• Like 1

I agree 100% with Ken. The guys who forward hundreds or thousands of packages a week are experienced and have the resources to keep up with the trouble spots and do their best to steer packages away from those shippers or ports of entry. Shipping a couple of packages a year, does not a shipping expert make you! Don't get me wrong sometimes the agents as well as the dealers screw up, but considering the sheer numbers of packages they send, the confiscated ones are a pretty small percent. Most dealers have a vested interest in getting your package to you safely. If you have a guaranteed delivery policy, I guarantee you are going to do your best to see that the package get's to it's destination safely, the first time. Every time a watch get's seized, and the dealer replaces it, his profit margin shrinks. If your dealer tells you that EMS is the best route at the time, best to listen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk