When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5513/1680 bezel assembly

automatico

I know what you mean. I have had a LOT of trouble with genuine and aftmkt rolex rotating bezels over the years. A LOT!

That being said, I have had no more trouble with the ST/Clark bezels than any others and probably less than the run of the mill replica rolex type inner/outer bezel combos. I will say that all the inner and outer ST/Clark bezels I have worked with were within spec but occasionally spacer trouble was a real problem. It seems another spot that can cause much of the trouble is pressing the inner bezel down on a crystal that is too large in diameter or allowing the inner bezel to get out of true when pressing it on causing it to distort. Same with the outer rotating bezel, they are relatively easy to bend when r/r and very hard to fix. As for the spacer...I have had to sand many of them down to make them thinner and even had to reduce the outer and/or inner diameter on some of them.

Worked on a 1675 a few years ago that gave me fits (all genuine). The bezel was very tight in a couple spots and I ended up putting Simichrome polish all over the mating surfaces and turning the rotating bezel around a few hundred times while pushing down on it (wearing a thick rubber glove for traction) until it smoothed out, then cleaned it all off. Worked like a charm.

Edit...the reason why I posted this is because ST has raised their price to $89.95 (plus shipping) and Clark does not have them for sale very often.

Edited by automatico