When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interesting site on Vintage Daytona Paul Newman

kingkitesurf

I ran into this article on internet and thought it would be interesting to share.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/reference-points-the-paul-newman-daytona

I just had my Franken DW 6263 with one off creme white dial and Roamer Valjoux 726 bail out on me. It's got stuck winding up. Repair somewhere between 300-500 EUR. Was wondering will it be worth it. Sure is I would say.

The watch looks so gorgeous and so many compliments when wearing.... guess I have to bite the bullet.

• Like 1

Very interesting article. What is amazing is the fact that the Daytonas were real "dogs" when they were introduced.. Rolex was really swimming "against the tide" when they introduced a manual wind, non date watch in and era when just about every watch buyer was looking for an automatic, date watch. That was evidenced by sale dates on the certificates that were years after the watches were built. I bought a 6365 in about 1980-81, not a Newman, white dial brand new with box and papers. I kept it for maybe 2 months, couldn't get used to the no date and manual wind. I traded it back to the jeweler I bought it from straight up for a new 1680 Sub. Now the same 6365 could be traded for a sack full of subs!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I absolutely fell in love with the Universal Geneve on pic 17. Would be a lot easier to pull off as well as the Rolexes.