When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG Technical

Well good, actually great news, got it all cleaned up in the ultrasonic machine, inspected the parts, no damage noted...

Assembled the basic movement parts, wound it up, and it's running like a top, even managed to time it and adjust the beat on my timer, using the 18K setting...

You should hear this thing going, if you think 28.8 is fast, 36,000 is really fast, amazing...

So the hard stuff is done, tomorrow I will assemble the rest of it, including all the chrono parts.

I have been taking detailed close up pics of each stage of assembly, should make for an interesting post when I finish it up.

Amazing and complex movement, my nerves are shot for tonight, I have hung the loup up, 2 hours of this is enough...

RG

What I can't fathom is how you restrain yourself to stop, take a picture, continue, stop take another picture...

And then you say you'll wait to re-assemble when the parts arrive? I'd forget what went were overnight, to imagine trying to re-assemble when days have elapsed is too scary.

Thanks for sharing.

Well it's still running strong, got all the chrono parts and bridges on, and lots of pics...chrono is on now so I can test it and see how it works...

All that's left is the dial side junk I have to install, if I can remember where it goes...

RG

Are you talking about me :D ....I can tell, assembling those chronos is not near easy, at least for myself.

So many tiny parts and those lovely springs that love to fly......... :Jumpy:

Cant wait to see the end results.

• 2 weeks later...