When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need some movement help? ETA 7750

panerai153

Hello guys, need some help with ID'ing a movement. I'm looking to buy an ETA 7750 movement, this seller on EBay is selling these for about 50 bucks less than the supply houses, and about a hundred bucks less than the EBY sellers from Switzerland. My concern is whether or not this is a genuine ETA or an A7750?

Here are the photos from the EBay sales ad.

06561d1b7c08bc6e37e175b9b3a0bfe7.jpg

fdc691ab9adf0c6b47fa115c392a71b0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From my observations...

All the asian 7750's I have seen do not have a stamp under the balance wheel (ETA Logo) your picture does have a stamp

'Most' of the asian 7750's I have seen have blued screws to mimic the top grade Swiss 7750, your picture doesn't

Most importantly, the "Lock" that Mickey refers to. In your picture, it has a kink in the spring that extends from the bottom of it (in-between the 2 screws below Mickey's arrow) The asian 7750 does not have this, it has a straight gauge piece of wire.

Mickey, are you not referring to the "Hour Counter Lock" 55.288? It's the only plastic piece I have ever seen on any 7750. It is plastic on the asian and swiss.

Anyway, if the movement in the picture is the movement you receive then it's genuine.

If you get it, post a picture and we will soon tell you ;)

good luck.

I went on one of the supply house websites last night, and they have them brand new sealed for 399.00 USD the one pictured is 345.00 USD plus 25 USD shipping, from Hong Kong. The one here is about 30 USD more, but I know that it's the real deal. Probably will go that route.

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...