When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Elgin watches

hambone

This website www.touchofmodern.com has an extraordinary selection of watched amid other things.

the started selling these turn of the century style hand wind watches mechanically the same as Waltham pocket watches. The are all 44mm and this one is a one of as are others. It sells for $1995.00

image.jpeg

This website www.touchofmodern.com has an extraordinary selection of watched amid other things.

the started selling these turn of the century style hand wind watches mechanically the same as Waltham pocket watches. The are all 44mm and this one is a one of as are others. It sells for $1995.00

image.jpeg

If you have to get the app for the website it's way worth it. The place is like a super charged Sharper Image.

Here's another cool watch. This one has a musical chime alarm.

image.jpeg

Cases are available to make these watches using a 'Hunter' style 12 or 16 size vintage pocket watch movement. The cases sell for $100 to $250 USD and movements are $50 to $250 depending on grade and condition. A finished watch will usually end up costing $300 to $500. Much, much less $$ to do it yourself.

'Hunter' case = flip up cover on the front side, crown at three o'clock and seconds at 6 o'clock on the dial.  Example = eBay item  351594732834

'Pendant' style = common open face pocket watch with crown at 12 o'clock and seconds at 6 o'clock on the dial.

Omega conversion...eBay item 191750883109   Agassiz (Longines) conversion...eBay number  231768152531

Examples of conversion cases...eBay numbers  331699025370   330703904511

I have never put one together but have an Omega PW movement that would probably fit into one of these cases, just never tried it. American and swiss PW movements are usually slightly different in size.

Here's another gen that Appraises for $52,000

and is offered at tomo for $24,000. There is a huge inventory of big watches and the start at 150$ the designs are revolutionary and fantastic. It really is worthwhile to check this place out,

www.touchofmodern.com

image.jpeg

Not sharper image but www.touchofmodern.com

good website . You can always delete it if you don't like it

Why are you promoting this site so much?

I was wondering the same thing myself. Quite frankly the watches you've linked to here look like they are WAY overpriced. And I don't trust any "retail" website that wants my information just to look. I always think it's a phishing attempt...  

Edited by unreformed66
typo

I was wondering the same thing myself. Quite frankly the watches you've linked to here look like they are WAY overpriced. And I don't trust any "retail" website that wants my information just to look. I always think it's a phishing attempt...  

Maybe his account was hijacked? These posts are just so weird.

• Like 1

I'm not promoting this place for any reason other than it has some terrific merchandise,and I bought some items not watches, but I simply wanted to share it with all.

I'm not promoting this place for any reason other than it has some terrific merchandise,and I bought some items not watches, but I simply wanted to share it with all.

I had a look at this site... seems to have a lot of really cool stuff, lots that I haven't seen elsewhere. Thanks for the info!

• Like 1