When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Accurate Tourbillon Reps?

slay

OK OK, I'm not gonna ask "who has the best sub?" or "why is there no TRL on my sub?", but I was wondering if you guys can name a few reasonably accurate Tourbillon Reps? Figuring this stuff out is pretty difficult, because Tourbys are so rare that you can't even find pictures of the genuine watch easily and if you do, it's often a rendering or heavily photoshopped, making a comparision impossible.

So far I found the blue dial AP Tourby, which is pretty good if you don't care about the thickness of the case and bezel. What else? What are some of your favorite non-fantasy tourbillons?

I found two genuine Lange Tourbys that look very easy to rep, since I've seen Seagull movements that have similar tourby designs, but I couldn't find an accurate rep unfortunately (the tourby reps I found have unnecessary in-accuracies on the dial, like a moonphase that doesn't exist on the gen instead of day of week, etc.):

s84_lange-pour-le-merite.jpg

and

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/a-lange-sohne-1815-tourbillon-11.jpg

Not sure how accurate this one is, but it is gorgeous! For those that know the watch, gush over it when I wear it. It's previous keeper was AJ. I'm it's current keeper… for the time being.

137c30a9e5b097aa4cf296ed270f6d30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how accurate this one is, but it is gorgeous! For those that know the watch, gush over it when I wear it. It's previous keeper was AJ. I'm it's current keeper… for the time being.

137c30a9e5b097aa4cf296ed270f6d30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very beautiful! Would be the odd one out in my watch box, but who knows :)

Personally not a fan of tourbies (and the $700 price-tag) but there are some nice ones out there, AP Royal Oak version included. Try and check Intime´s site, I remember seeing some over there. 

The AP Royal Oak Tourby is amazing but it's way too thick. That's a dealbreaker for me. 

What about these?

Gen vs Rep:

IMG_1378-1024x768.JPGimage.scale.520.850.png

DIMENSIONS rep: 38mm x 48mm x 14mm
DIMENSIONS gen: 38mm x 48.24mm x 12.73mm

portuguese-tourbillon-mystere-rg-gray-diIWCTourbillon.thumb.JPG.428092efb9cbd4fb

DIMENSIONS rep: 44mm x 16.5mm
DIMENSIONS gen: 44.2mm x 14.2mm

I'd also give a look to these 2:

http://www.intime.co/jaeger-lecoultre/1167-jaeger-lecoultre-rg-white-pearl-face-flying-tourbillon.html

http://www.intime.co/cartier/1764-ballon-bleu-tourbillon-ss-blue-textured-dial-on-black-leather-strap.html