When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot Bb>>>> Who's Idea?

flavor flav

I am also having issues with preorder HBB rose gold version...I preorder with Angus at the inflated price before Josh/Andrew decided to low ball him by selling below retail.

I received it with many major problems...none cosmetic...my watch had a missing second hand on the subdial,

and a faulty minute hand...and when i say faulty i mean it was just flopping around like not on properly...

I contacted Angus and he immediately apologized and told me to send it back for a full refund...

During transit we were in good communication, but the watch was delivered to his watchsmith

Wang Do Ba and signed for on Jan. 4, at 9:53 AM. tracking no: EQ932729285US

Since then I have sent 3 emails to him and no response. So far I'm out $498...that is $478 for the watch $20 for shipping.

My last email informed him that if I got no response that I was opening up a dispute via Paypal.

Hopefully this prompts him to get back to me. I don't want to badmouth him at all and give him a chance

to make this right...but I wanted to put my situation out there.

Also I was told the first batch were faulty anyways...the maker of the watch has admitted that the chrono needles and

such were no good.

Any suggestions??

I would suggest you give it a few more days before threatening a Paypal dispute. They just received it 2 days ago. I wouldn't even say the words "Paypal" dispute until you are ignored for a couple of weeks. I've never dealt with Angus but I suspect you will be fine.

The last thing you want to do to a trusted dealer in these rep. forums is a "paypal dispute". That is ultimately the last resort. You cannot screw up more than do that to the dealers here. Try patience and resolve first which is the hardest thing to do. You do a paypal dispute, you see the results, you shut off pretty much your ability to purchase from trusted dealers in the forums as no other dealer in here would let you order from them, plus everyone else cannot use paypal. Give the dealer a chance to make it right in front of all the buyers here, if he doesn't or isn't capable, then he will no longer be selling to the forum members and a paypal dispute is warranted. Why don't some dealers accept paypal which is a big hassle for the buyers here, because impatience jumped the gun. Its a natural reaction since before coming to the forum everyone had to deal with scam rep. watch sites. By the way, the QC on these BB seem to be 50% for the pre-order buyers, including myself. Its unfortunate but we pay for paving the way for the rest of the followers. QC probably will get tighter.

please understand that a paypal dispute can cost angus thousands of dollars....not a good thing to happen to anyone. i wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy! please don't do it. keep trying to contact him. i'm sure he will make it right. if not.....here we go again! in all fairness if the watchmaker has only had it two days....give him the benefit of the doubt. <_<

Thanks guys for the advice...All duly noted...I definitely don't want to screw any dealers over

nor any of the forum members...I would love for this to just be settle quietly/quickly...There is more

to it but I don't want to get into it here, not yet at least...I will allow him to make good and give

him some more time to get back to me...

thx for the input

Though I have never purchased from Angus,..I'm willing to give a chance to any dealer

that's willing to try, to make improvements in QC,.. and overall quality.

If he can pull off what he's attempting,.. then :thumbsupsmileyanim: we all win.

In my experience, his attitude, and board participation is rare and much needed,...

I have also noticed that for a small dealer, his prices are very fair in comparison

to others of his volume. ... I say Keep it up Angus,.. I'm rooting for you... ^_^