When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Delete

Sam268

Anyone started to mod their 4th gen po with gen dials, hands, crown and bezel?

I would like to get started and wondering if anyone else started to give me some heads up on what original

parts fits and what not.

Hope this tread grows with pics.

Only gen part i have seen is a clasp. Have you tried ofrei if they can order you OEM parts? If you do order some, keep in mind that, as far as I know, you would be the Niel Armstrong of PO frankens--I don't think anyone has built one yet.

Where can you get the rubber straps for the PO? The ones in Ofrei are supposed to be older models for the Seamaster. The PO ones are supposed to be thicker. Thats what I heard.

I would think an AD could simply order it for you if they don't have it in stock. Just tell them that you will install it yourself and are skilled and equipped to do so. Most Omega dealers I know aren't snobbish like some of the other brands. You shouldn't have any issues.

I would think an AD could simply order it for you if they don't have it in stock. Just tell them that you will install it yourself and are skilled and equipped to do so. Most Omega dealers I know aren't snobbish like some of the other brands. You shouldn't have any issues.

I can confirm that, my local AD was very helpful - apparently though the black ones are outselling the orange and brown (yuk) rubber by 10-1 to the point where they are very difficult to source within the EU.

2500 and 1120 are both derivatives of the ETA 2892. AFIAK dial and hands specs are similar across the 28xx range on ETA movements.

I've never really understood the desire to substitute genuine dials and hands on many Omega reps as they are usually VERY accurate (when they don't say Seanaster that is...)

Edited by r11co

• 2 weeks later...
any chance of finding a gen bracelet for less than $500usd? that was the quote I had from my jeweler and was thinking that there has to be some for around $300.

The bracelet will be the last thing that I want to get.

Priority:

1. Genuine dial

2. Genuine hands

3. Genuine Bezel

4. Genuine crown, HE

5. Genuine clasp

6. Genuine bracelet

Btw, I have a genuine PO rubber strap. It's a 22mm and it doesn't fit the 4th Gen PO(20mm).

The Seamaster professional strap fits pretty well though.

4G Orange and Black PO.

25051-1132.jpg

I would imagine, the PO not being a hideously expensive watch to start with, that if you were able to source these parts, you might wind up spending enough of a proportion of the cost of a gen that it might not really be cost effective. If the cost of manufacturing a rep approaches 2/3 of the cost of a gen, the cost/benefit raio starts to make less sense.

Just a thought,

-O

The bracelet will be the last thing that I want to get.

Since we now know the PO is the wrong size, you're list is going to have to look something like this:

Priority:

1. Genuine hands

2. Genuine crown, HE

3. Genuine clasp

The bad news is that the hands may look too big and the clasp may not fit the rep bracelet. The good news is that the crown and He are pretty easy to source and don't cost very much, especially on the bay.

sadly, I have absolutely no confidence they'll ever make the right case size, so the best we're going to do is wait for the 45.5mm version to catch up w/ the 40mm version accuracy-wise.

@ O: 67% seems high to me, my rule of thumb on a "99%" franken would be 1/3 -1/2 of the very lowest price that I could source a used gen.

the 4th generation po is very close to accurate case size to the genuine specs. and the dimensions on the lugs r pretty accurate as well from where the angle cuts in are , so if u source those parts lmk i would be interested in the dial and hands , i like the bezel insert and the helium valve , i would like a new crown also , lol so for me to make it almost perfect a new dial , hands and crown is good enough and get it up to the 99% bracket imho im working on a asian dial now that is much better than the existing one but to modd this for others it wouldnt be much more to buy the genuine dial if it is around a 150 bucks

the 4th generation po is very close to accurate case size to the genuine specs. and the dimensions on the lugs r pretty accurate as well from where the angle cuts in are ...

That's good news. So will OEM bezel, insert, and/or bracelet fit the 4th gen w/o mods?

All you ned is a gen clasp of that design, not necessarily the PO one. Transfer the inner folding bits to your PO. Much better. I have another Seanaster rep from which I borrowed those pieces. Interestingly, the bracelet number stamped on them is the same as the rep PO. The pieces in question are better on the older rep's bracelet. Gen would be even better.

Btw, both of mine looks completely fine. I don't think I ll spend money on a dial, unless I can get it really cheap (like $100).

I actually compared mine with a genuine one in the store. It's like 1 mm difference on the logo position.

30136-42.jpg

30136-43.jpg

If I have to spend more than $200 to upgrade, I d probably buy a genuine one on ebay. Not worth to mod a PO imo.

you know i just don't think i would change anything on mine except the bracelet, but not for $450. I don't like the gap between the end link and the bracelet but, it's really hardly noticeable when its on. As an aside, i have been "collecting" well more like buying and flipping watches for about 7 years now. My wife has seen and held enough Breitlings, omegas, iwc's and rolexes to know the difference. Well, when i handed her Andrews PO she would not believe me it was a rep. You really need to be a rep "geek" to know this isn't real.

thom