When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A fair price for this watch?

docdoowop

How old is it? Does it come with any extras?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just from a quick look around, which by the way you could have done. You can buy a brand new one for around 900.00 USD, used run from 409-600 USD based on condition, age, box,papers,bracelet or strap.

Go to the Military Watch Resource Forum, lots of info on Marathon watches.

One thing I found out, the tritium tubes glow very brightly for a long time, but they eventually "expire". When that happens, the watch dial doesn't glow at all. To replace the tritium, the watch has to go back to Marathon and they replace the dial and hands. I was told that this was expensive and they are pretty slow. So one caveat, when buying a used watch, if it's older it may not have any Lume at all, and it's not as simple as sending it to a modder to have a dial relumed with super luminova.

5 minutes ago, panerai153 said:

One thing I found out, the tritium tubes glow very brightly for a long time, but they eventually "expire". When that happens, the watch dial doesn't glow at all. To replace the tritium, the watch has to go back to Marathon and they replace the dial and hands. I was told that this was expensive and they are pretty slow. So one caveat, when buying a used watch, if it's older it may not have any Lume at all, and it's not as simple as sending it to a modder to have a dial relumed with super luminova.

right you are but this specific watch has a dial with supeluminova, not tirtium tubes.