When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Possible future build

Mike_G

In more prosperous times I had an Omega Seamaster Pro 2252.50 36.25mm. I sold it when it needed an expensive overhaul. I wish I had kept it. Are there parts out there for either a rep or franken seamaster? Where can I find the most accuarate case, dial, movement and bracelet.

Certainly on the full size 2254 you can find reps, both straight from the rep factories (via the TD's of course) and also some frankens. I'm not sure about the mid size though, especially now with the trend for larger watches. 

Have you tried the trusted dealers here? Send one or two an email and see what they say. If not I guess you'd be looking at either a gen or going for the full size, which is available as a rep (I had a 2254 rep). 

The best full size case is either one from what's now called the 'closed factory', because it's errrr closed, or the new ceramic Seamaster case. Both have the HEV in the correct position whereas most Seamaster Pro reps don't.