When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Movement transplant

wright267

Whilst it maybe possible, you do need to know that you may face some problems if there's no references anywhere of it being done before to go by, here are some of the issues you will face.

Stem height may well be incorrect

Hands won't fit, so you would need to source a correct style handset with the correct sized tubes for the Seiko movement pinions.

Movement holder

Securing dial to the movement, but more importantly, date wheel, and the possibility of attaching a date wheel overlay to the date wheel on the Seiko movement.

In all honesty, it could be a lot of work for nothing, but it all depends on how far you are willing to go in making it happen. 

On February 11, 2016 at 11:38 PM, wright267 said:

Wow fantastic response.

Thank you for your help :-) it may just be better to purchase a new watch in that case.

Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated.

Why don't we start with, what's the problem with your sub? You can easily buy replacement movements to fit what you already have or even have it repaired for less then the cost of a brand new watch.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just unsure if the sub I currently have is actually a noob. There are a few imperfections, and like most people I always want something better!

Have toyed with the idea of buying a real sub.... But then I worry I will break it or something, and obviously replacing it would be a huge chunk of my hard earned gone.

I have also struggled finding people that would repair, or work on a rep.... but that was before I joined this place :-)