When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yuki SD 16600

Mike_G

While in the process of gathering parts for a 1016 Explorer build I came across a sea dweller 16600 "kit" on the Yukiwatch site. The price seemed right so I pulled the trigger. Shipping was super fast and am pleased (for the most part) with the set. All I could do was chuckle when I took a close look at the inside of the case back. Check out the spelling error. "Switzerladn"

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

56 minutes ago, alligoat said:

That case isn't the best- R863698 is the oldest serial number in repdom! I'm sorry, but I think you would have been better off buying a BP SD. 

Who is making the best sd cases? I know about TC now for sub parts and sd bracelets. Not familiar with BC. Who are the JMB's and Whoopy's of the sub/ sd world?

Okay I chuckled at the misspelling of "Switzerland" after all the inside of the case back. However, I zoomed in on the dial and it looks like an amateur did the printing. I checked yuki's website sure to double check the photos for this set. Clearly not the dial I got. See below. The first photo is the dial advertised and the second one is the dial I got. 

image.png

image.png

Wrote to Yukiwatch about the poor print job on the dial and the misspelling in the case back. No offer to do anything about. He said that this is an economy model thus the poor print job on the dial  and that the misspelling on the case back is intentional to distinguish it from the high end cases. :g: