When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any Uk Members

Finepics

I am shocked - this is digital freeview channel 22 or Sky 634 advertising watches for sale. They also have the webpage with the featured products here:

http://www.idealworld.tv/csp/isd/ideal/index.csp

They are even saying that the tourbillon is genuine!!! And the Grand Prix chrono has an asian 7750 - not even the 28,800 version for £249 (about $500) - What a scam this is.

Watching.

Asian movements at high-end rep prices. I paid less than that for my Ultimate PO

I could buy a vastly superior Seiko Monster for that (If anyone sees a cheap black one in the UK, let me know).

EDIT: Here's the watch Finepics mentioned http://www.wmswitzerland.com/en/product.asp?id=10#

Edited by bigpops

Its how they are describing them that gets me. There's some old bloke with a pseudo Swiss accent (the makers representative) talking about how the first ever wristwatches only had one hand, genuine tourbillon movt etc etc - it's such a load of misleading [censored]! I'm tempted to report them to the Trading Standards Authority - oh er listen to me !!! (25 rep owner!!)

Watching.

Asian movements at high-end rep prices. I paid less than that for my Ultimate PO

I could buy a vastly superior Seiko Monster for that (If anyone sees a cheap black one in the UK, let me know).

EDIT: Here's the watch Finepics mentioned [

Edited by tonyp1

The first line is an outright lie.

"WM of Switzerland is one of the leading European creators and distributors of high quality watches."

If that's true, how come i (and probably all but a handful of forum members) had never heard of them until an hour ago.

You are missing the point, guys. We might not be happy about their pricing or marketing strategy, but the only lie is the fake tourbillon being misleadingly represented as having the benefits of a real one. That is where they overstep the boundary from taking in clueless numpties to criminality...

A lot of the tv auction/shopping channels have questionable business practices.

A few years back they were plugging the Aston Gerrard/Klaus Kobec brands like mad. The usual tactic was to "heavily discount" by setting a ludicrous RRP (£1,995 marked down to £250 for a quartz gold plated piece of crap). And there was one channel selling Elvis autographs that didn't even exist.

These channels seem to know their audience well and prey on the stupid and lazy. People must realise if something seems too good to be true, it usually isn't.