When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Yacht Master?

johntrotter

Hi all,

I am after the white/grey dial YM and need some advise. I see a lot of reviews about the following:

1. TC YM

2. Sean

3. BK

Which one is the best? Its all very confusing. I have done my research but still dont have the answers. TC perhaps has the most good reviews but then there is the issue of long waiting time. 

Please give me one option and how to buy it. Also where is BK's website? 

Thanks much in advance.

John

TC is the way to go money wise imo.  He sells completed watches assembled by himself hence the long wait.  They have new revised WM9 dials and bezels, with high grade Asian 2824s regulated per TC generally believed to be a workhouse.  Minor problem fitting gen 3135, cos case back thickness and crown tube 0.3mm lower than 3135.

BK is a legend builder prior to TC whom hand fitted gen ETA 2824s in old WM9 cases, and were sold as complete watches as todays TC.  Made to fit 2824 spec.  I don't think BK still market it but you can ask.  He's one of the TD in this forum under Watches Clothing & Accessories.

Sean used to sell case kits not complete watches.  Sean cases are true 1:1 copy of 16610 Submariner and 16622 YM cases.  Came with dial, hands, mounting hardwares and band less movement.  Gen 3135, Yuki or SA3135 will fit.  Bezel dial (non superlume) and band are typical rep standard but buyers most likely go for gen bezel/dial or TC band on his 16610 cases.  They are all sold out to the best of my knowledge, they show up and the trading section once in a while, grab when you can cos they go fast.  Great candidate for full blown franken!

Hope this help.

Just get the TC and wait. Its worth it. Trust me... If you are interested in second best then just get whatever from the td's.