When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My First Modding Attempt

tonton2000

Well, i have broken my modding virginity!

I painted the subdial hands on my Navitimer Fighters edition black, to go with the gen.

I also threw on a Gen breitling 22mm strap

Let me know how it looks

177754-8002.jpg

177754-8003.jpg

177754-8004.jpg

177754-8005.jpg

177754-8006.jpg

OK, so its not exactly anywhere near the level of most of the people on this board, but hey, you gotta start somewhere right!? :p

Thanks guys. :blush:

I purchased the strap from Selfridges, it cost me £80, a bit expensive for a piece of leather, but IMO it really sets the watch off well.

To paint the hands i used black acrylic paint. I just sprayed a bit out of the can and applied it witha really fine paintbrush (and a screwdriver believe it or not!)

I was actually bricking it a bit, because i thought i'd mess it up, but im pleased with the final results now.

Thanks guys. :blush:

I purchased the strap from Selfridges, it cost me £80, a bit expensive for a piece of leather, but IMO it really sets the watch off well.

To paint the hands i used black acrylic paint. I just sprayed a bit out of the can and applied it witha really fine paintbrush (and a screwdriver believe it or not!)

I was actually bricking it a bit, because i thought i'd mess it up, but im pleased with the final results now.

Looks excellent. I have this model, with the Eta movement, on order from Joshua, so very interested in what you think of it.

Excellent tip about the gen strap from Selfridges. Did they have any questions about selling you a strap without a Breitling serial number? I'm also London based so this might be a good option for me as I'm keen to get a gen strap for it.

Looks excellent. I have this model, with the Eta movement, on order from Joshua, so very interested in what you think of it.

Excellent tip about the gen strap from Selfridges. Did they have any questions about selling you a strap without a Breitling serial number? I'm also London based so this might be a good option for me as I'm keen to get a gen strap for it.

You wont be dissapointed with the watch once it arrives, trust me!

I've bought 3 Breitling straps from selfridges, all from a guy called Tim, he's one of the supervisors.

First time he served me, i was wearing my PAM 212 on a hirsch strap, and we spoke about watches for a while. He's a nice guy, and will sort you out, no problem.

He's never asked me for a serial number before, so you should be fine.

You wont be dissapointed with the watch once it arrives, trust me!

I've bought 3 Breitling straps from selfridges, all from a guy called Tim, he's one of the supervisors.

First time he served me, i was wearing my PAM 212 on a hirsch strap, and we spoke about watches for a while. He's a nice guy, and will sort you out, no problem.

He's never asked me for a serial number before, so you should be fine.

Thanks for the info. I'll call in to Selfridges in the near future. I'm really looking forward to the Navitimer - I have a cheap and nasty version (bought before I discovered RWG) which I like despite its many faults. I have high hopes for the Serie Speciale version I have on order :)