When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Advice regarding caseback opening tool for datejust 16234

jorrie

Im looking to get a caseback opener tool since getting my caseback off has failed on several attempts with a "watch ball" 

searching on ebay im unable to find one that lists the datejust 16234 as conpatible and several ones with review that failed opening this rolex caseback 16234 

can anyone advice me a caseback tool that works that works for a 16234 caseback? Preferrable not a set just the tool and the caseback screw

Be wary of cheap, aftermarket Rolex case openers. Most have shallow/dull teeth, which may mar the teeth of your caseback, making it that much more difficult to remove with a proper tool (best not to ask me how I know). If you need a case tool for regular use, get a genuine or good Swiss-made tool. Otherwise, most watchmakers will r&r your caseback while you wait & often gratis.

6 hours ago, dbane883 said:

this will work.  

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rolex-Oyster-Case-Back-Opener-28-3mm-29-5mm-/322135744979?hash=item4b00c961d3:g:0YcAAOSwLnBXUbco

But complete aftermarket sets with assorted dies will be cheaper.

Thank you but this is rarher expensive and heavy. I plan to open it up now then close it; i may need to service it once every uewr or so so a tool that will work for occasional use woukd be okay.

most advertisements do not list the serial numbers it works for.

Any specific brands i should search for?

You didn't specify a budget. To me, a gen vintage case opener for subs at that price is cheap.

Rolex only made 6 does that, collectively, can open up every case Rolex has made. I am 99% certain you need a 29.5 mm case opener. I'm not sure any aftermarket sells just that one die separately along with the torque wrench.

Good luck in your search.

Could not find any reviews or experiences on this one:

http://www.uhrenreparatur24.de/html/rlx_spezial.php?id=00404

emiprofessioneller Gehäuseöffner für geriffelte Böden, R-L-X - Tudr etc. Geliefert werden 6 Einsätze: Nr. 0 = 18.5 mm, Nr. 1 = 20.20 mm, Nr. 2 = 22.50 mm, Nr. 3 = 26.50 mm, Nr. 4 = 28.30 mm, Nr. 5 = 29.50 mm und ein Griffstück im hochwertigen Karton mit Hartschaumeinlage. 
zurück 

Seems to open all regular rolex sizes. 
If the daydate is 29.5,  it should work?

Anyone knows if this is any good and does work for a rolex 16234 datejust?

Its 58 euro so a bit sad if after ordering it would not fit.

On Sunday, June 12, 2016 at 0:54 PM, jorrie said:

Could not find any reviews or experiences on this one:

http://www.uhrenreparatur24.de/html/rlx_spezial.php?id=00404

emiprofessioneller Gehäuseöffner für geriffelte Böden, R-L-X - Tudr etc. Geliefert werden 6 Einsätze: Nr. 0 = 18.5 mm, Nr. 1 = 20.20 mm, Nr. 2 = 22.50 mm, Nr. 3 = 26.50 mm, Nr. 4 = 28.30 mm, Nr. 5 = 29.50 mm und ein Griffstück im hochwertigen Karton mit Hartschaumeinlage. 
zurück 

Seems to open all regular rolex sizes. 
If the daydate is 29.5,  it should work?

Anyone knows if this is any good and does work for a rolex 16234 datejust?

Its 58 euro so a bit sad if after ordering it would not fit.

I have this set and it works great. All Rolex sizes fit gen cases well with no slipping. Some cartel Subs fit odd due to the caseback not being actual gen-spec. FOr DJs, AKs, Explorers they work perfectly.