When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explorer Dial

Cayman35

So I have 2 Yukiwatch Explorer dials, one is gilt with lume which is too yellow for my taste (ref picture of my 5500). The other is white lume which is too white for my liking. So I need something in the middle. Do you know whether leaving the yellowisch Yuki dial in the sun will mellow it? Also read about baking the white lume dial (convection oven 350 degrees) to create patina on the White Lume Yuki dial. Anyone have experience doing that to a Yuki dial? Thanks!

IMG_1145.JPG

thanks BobandShawn! I was hoping to be able to bake the white dial. I understand you did it on broil. Does the dial paint and lettering not start to bubble or get ruined? I also read about someone who used a cigarette to work on the lume dots.

Thanks

I left my 5508 dial on the windowsill on the south side of the house on the second floor for a month or two and it mellowed out quite nicely.

A light tea wash might also give it some age, or I've used acrylic paint- a light brown wash- in the past.