When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PCG 5512 info...

automatico

I made up a couple 5512/13 using DW '5513' cases and took them back apart because the 26.0mm oem spec dials were a bit small in the DW cases leaving a small space between the dial and the 'dial seat' at the front of the case (about .5mm). Today I saw this on VRF about early PCG 5512 and some of them must have had the same space:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/207593/thread/1468292473/last-1468326320/View+All

So...if some genuine watches were made this way, the dial was only kept in place by the dial screws and were not held down by the dial seat, same as with my DW projects. In the DW cases there is a ledge machined inside the case (same as oem) where the top of the movement plate mounts and this holds the movement securely (along with the case clamps) but the dial is held only by the dial screws.

So...maybe anyone with a DW case who wants to make a PCG 5512 out of it can now justify the space around the dial. There is enough meat in the CG to make PCG out of them and the rounded case sides can also add to the 'high mileage' look of an old vintage watch.

I'm probably the only fool left with any DW cases though.    :pimp:

"The PCG 5512/13's mid cases are also slightly thinner (thickness from dial side to caseback side) than the rounded crown guard 5512/5513 mid cases."

I measured the thickness of some mid cases (in the center of the case) and a Yuki 5513 was about 5.0mm, an MBK 5513 was about 5.0mm and a DW 5513 was 5.25mm. The DW case did not have a bezel, the other two did so these measurements were not as precise. Funny thing is DW cases look thinner because the tips of the lugs are a little bit thinner than Yuki and MBK cases.