When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix Bezel Replacement

djulink

Hi Gents,

In my journey to get closer and closer to a proper BC rep, I'm looking for a good replacement bezel for the 6200/6538/5510 Silix case we are many to have used in our builds.

I've been reading and re-reading many threads but did not find a good answer to that question. Would anyone have clues where to hunt it for or know of any infos/ressources related ?

• Like 1

To avoid making an expensive mistake or getting in over your head, I would recommend that you remove your existing bezel to see how it installs. Silix's reps, like many sellers, come from a variety of sources & some of them offer OEM-style bezel fitments & some are proprietary or at least fit differently than the OEM model. Also, even if the bezel attached OEM-style, are the dimensions of the case (where the crystal fits) & bezel exactly the same as OEM or slightly different? If different, an OEM-style may not be a simple part swap; it may require some modification to the bezel &/or the case. If in doubt, post good clear pics of your bezel (outer & inner sides) & case opening (where the bezel & crystal attach) & someone with experience with the same Silix rep may be able to guide you.

I tried to manufacture some brass bezels and it never happened due to cost. So I used HR and changed almost every dimension of it on the lathe, turned out nice, but it's a lot of work... May as well seek out a Vietnamese caseset/ Tonny ($600)

The case was totally changed also but that's another extreme makeover, it was a silix case. 

61849DEE-F8F4-462F-AA89-600DCDD7D32D_zps

• Like 3

Thanks for your answers,

Freddy, here are some pics that Bart sent to me when he was modding the case and bezel :

0ba9d5d0c5a04d0d65d0fb923246686f.jpg19b284c51ac18db6ce9f0aac9826b6e4.jpgf8172d4252ffd4a4ca7edfec2290a3a0.jpg489882894c8927b3ab4e5951d6fc19c6.jpgaed158ea95673fa79daf575f68a57bc9.jpg

bb924945e0110b1649b3e9018a6ccffc.jpg8bcf0bece800b571f0a7260620d82de3.jpg

Dlf, yes I remember I was lurking on your pics, that turning tip job for the lugs is really nice and that bezel... that's what I'm looking for : a taller and much more accurate coin edge profile.
So you did use an HR bezel with a Silix case? By the way, what crystal is it (gorgeous)?

Edited by djulink

• 1 year later...
I still didn't quite figure how to remove the bezel here. Neither the crystal. I have a much better one but dont want to break the original crystal.
The bezel simply wont come off!
You just take the bezel insert out then you can see a gap round the inner edge of the bezel, use a thin screwdriver and pull out the wire inside and then the bezel just comes off,
The crystal on the silix case is glued in and can take a fair amount of force to get out and will probably break. Glue needs to be removed , soak in acetone and carefully scrape it out
To put the bezel back on just sir it on the case and push the retaining wire back in

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2017 at 7:02 PM, Alan72 said:

You just take the bezel insert out then you can see a gap round the inner edge of the bezel, use a thin screwdriver and pull out the wire inside and then the bezel just comes off,
The crystal on the silix case is glued in and can take a fair amount of force to get out and will probably break. Glue needs to be removed , soak in acetone and carefully scrape it out
To put the bezel back on just sir it on the case and push the retaining wire back in

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Done, came out easily. Flamed it to look vintage. Now on to replace the crystal with Clark T21.

Any replacement source you guys would recommend for the Bezel Insert? Yuki, WSO?