When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Something You Might Not Know and Probably Don't Care About...

jmb

I finally needed to change the battery in my extremely incorrect rep Tudor Heritage Chronograph and found the case-back tight to the point where my sticky-ball couldn't do the job.  I try not to use the adjustable three-prong openers on this kinds of case-back as I will often slip and scratch it.  Just for grins I grabbed the opener die for a DSSD and, to my astonishment, it fit like a glove!  I spun off the back and found, not surprisingly, I did not have to correct battery.

A little bit of further trivia is the rep uses a Miyota OS21 movement and an SR927W battery.

Although this is a fairly chunky and heavy watch it's one of my preferred beaters when I'm motorcycle riding.

So, if you have one of these, and need to remove a tight case-back, grab a DSSD opener and it's smooth sailing.  I bought just the single die from Watchbitz years ago right after the DSSD reps started coming out.

• Like 1

Yeah, it really shocked me when it fit.  The Tudor rep case-back, I guess being rather flat, looked a lot bigger than the DSSD.