When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Contacts For Some Parts...

Justasgood

I can provide references if you need.

Can anyone help me complete my Mods? Need the best possible Sub inserts/vintage pearls, period correct bracelets for the Red Sub 5513 sub (meters first), 5517 Sub and 1655 Dweller.

178728-7808.jpg

I have a source for Gen Crowns and tubes, spring bars and crystals.

So a trade off is possible.

Thanks,

Kurt.

bracelets and end links arent too hard to find though expect to be looking at $500 for the bracelet and $100 or so for the end links.

this is for a 93150 or earlier 9315, if you want to put on a rivet then you are looking around $1000 ish for one in good condition.

vintage inserts are extremely difficult to get hold of, new rolex replacements are pretty tricky even as the rep market has eaten them all up though can still be ordered from an AD. i wouldnt hold your breath on turning up a gen vintage too quickly.

crown, tubes, crystals and spring bars are simple parts to get hold of. these are freely available as are most rolex movement parts . the aesthetic bits are much trickier to find.

lume dots appear on ebay once in a while so you should have more luck finding these.

from a quick look at your reps in that photo, id suggest you concentrate on other areas before fixing these parts. bezel inserts and bracelets are pretty far down the list of showing up a rep, especially that theres many gens on non gen bracelets or with aftermarket inserts.

Edited by thewightstuff

bracelets and end links arent too hard to find though expect to be looking at $500 for the bracelet and $100 or so for the end links.

this is for a 93150 or earlier 9315, if you want to put on a rivet then you are looking around $1000 ish for one in good condition.

vintage inserts are extremely difficult to get hold of, new rolex replacements are pretty tricky even as the rep market has eaten them all up though can still be ordered from an AD. i wouldnt hold your breath on turning up a gen vintage too quickly.

crown, tubes, crystals and spring bars are simple parts to get hold of. these are freely available as are most rolex movement parts . the aesthetic bits are much trickier to find.

lume dots appear on ebay once in a while so you should have more luck finding these.

from a quick look at your reps in that photo, id suggest you concentrate on other areas before fixing these parts. bezel inserts and bracelets are pretty far down the list of showing up a rep, especially that theres many gens on non gen bracelets or with aftermarket inserts.

Other areas such as?

As for the bracelets and parts. I don't need Gens....just the best looking aftermarket would do.

Thanks,

Kurt.

the CGs need doing as they are way off however the dials and hands are the big ones for me. id personally spot these a mile off before anything else.

the 5513 dial is terrible in the photo and even worse in the flesh and the hands are too small/short, especially the mercedes end which is tiny compared to the real deal though the minute is too thin also. the 5517 dial is better but not by much.

the red sub is not an area i know much about only having non date vintages but its shouting pretty much the same as the others.

i guess the issue comes down to how much enjoyment you get out of them already, how much from doing work and how close you actually want them to be. this varies from person to person.

if you just want a nice collection of watches to wear on different occasions and have something thats more fun that spending the same amount on the high street then youve already got a nice set there thats for sure. if you enjoy doing bits and pieces yourself then theres certainly scope to do this. what you choose to do is really up to you and where you want to be with them and perhaps more importantly how much you want to spend.

if you want them to actually pass serious muster as the real deal then you need to do alot more to them IMHO. the issue becomes where to draw the line. you could easily spend $2000 dollars getting gen vintage parts and youd have a very accurate rep that would be difficult to tell from a gen however for not much more you could just have a real 5513.

Edited by thewightstuff

the CGs need doing as they are way off however the dials and hands are the big ones for me. id personally spot these a mile off before anything else.

the 5513 dial is terrible in the photo and even worse in the flesh and the hands are too small/short, especially the mercedes end which is tiny compared to the real deal though the minute is too thin also. the 5517 dial is better but not by much.

the red sub is not an area i know much about only having non date vintages but its shouting pretty much the same as the others.

i guess the issue comes down to how much enjoyment you get out of them already, how much from doing work and how close you actually want them to be. this varies from person to person.

if you just want a nice collection of watches to wear on different occasions and have something thats more fun that spending the same amount on the high street then youve already got a nice set there thats for sure. if you enjoy doing bits and pieces yourself then theres certainly scope to do this. what you choose to do is really up to you and where you want to be with them and perhaps more importantly how much you want to spend.

if you want them to actually pass serious muster as the real deal then you need to do alot more to them IMHO. the issue becomes where to draw the line. you could easily spend $2000 dollars getting gen vintage parts and youd have a very accurate rep that would be difficult to tell from a gen however for not much more you could just have a real 5513.

These crown gaurds look bad? http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=18292

i personally dont think they look all that hot in the close up pics linked, and they certainly look way off with the crowns screwed down in the pic at the top of this post. theres still too much material there and they are too long IMHO. im not convinced by the side views either though heavy polishing could always be used as an explanation for the profile if the rest wasnt over chunky and long

i look at either a 5513 or a 5512 all day depending on what im wearing so perhaps im more accutely sensitive to this than others.

heres some less than spectacular pics of my two. the 5512 still has the 703 crown/tube on it from the RSC so should help give you an idea with your crowns. both now have the original twin locks back on.

179391-7693.jpg

179391-7694.jpg