When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty's 45mm PO vs. TTK's 3rd Gen PO

SF_Mike

Just recieved Trusty's 45mm PO (black) on Tuesday and took some pics side by side with the TTK 3rd Gen PO (orange). Not sure if I'm going to keep both of them yet though. We may see one up for sale/trade on Monday.

Dial seems better on TTK's and I prefer the bezel on TTK's as well. (Note the size of the silver ring on the bezel, thicker on the orange) Another thing that seems off on the 45mm is the date font, some of the numbers are a completely different font from others on the wheel. Weight is pretty similar (TTK is .1oz heavier according to my junky postal scale). One downside of the TTK version is the pearl, it looks like an anthill while Andrew's is pretty flat (but not inset). Overall I prefer TTK's with ETA, but for the price Andrew is selling his for it's a great bargain.

15661-3439.jpg

15661-3440.jpg

15661-3441.jpg

Finally a gen black 45mm vs a gen Orange 42.5

15661-3442.jpg

Edited by SF_Mike

Nice shots.

Let me see more man more! :Jumpy:

I'm still waiting on mine. Your right too, for the money it seems to be a pretty good deal.

Also according to some of the gen forums, the bezel on the 45 is supposed to be different. I mean the spacing and the scalloping.

Cheers,

Jon

Yes, the bezel is different and it is different between the 42.5 and 45mm gen. Take a look at the shot of the gens side by side and you can see the differences in the shape of the edge (spacing and scalloping). Also note that neither one of the reps really gets this right. The closest I've seen is Andrew's 4th gen. It seems to be close to the 42

I've got one of Andrew's black ones with a rubber strap on the way. From these pics I think it looks incredible for the money (less than half that's being asked for the ETA ones that still ain't bang-on!) The only thing I have picked up on with the Asia model is the date window being set slightly closer to the dial centre.

I'm not in the slightest worried about the He valve placement. I've got one of the 'best' 2824 mvt. blue SMPs and I showed it to a friend who has a gen quartz blue SMP. He handled my watch for several minutes and never once suspected it was anything but genuine. He spotted the smaller date window, but this is positioned differently on genuine quartz and auto mvt. versions, and the deeper case back, but he just put it down to mine being an auto!!

PS. I am assuming that the Asia movement used in these is the latest 21J offering. If so then I am delighted as I have two other watches using that movement and they are the first reps I have owned that I have no inclination to regulate as they have been +/-5 seconds accurate a day - something I have never been able to say about my ETA reps....

PS. Have you tried pressing the pearl on Andrew's flush with the bezel? This was a common 'fix' on the blue SMPs.....

Edited by r11co

PS. I am assuming that the Asia movement used in these is the latest 21J offering. If so then I am delighted as I have two other watches using that movement and they are the first reps I have owned that I have no inclination to regulate as they have been +/-5 seconds accurate a day - something I have never been able to say about my ETA reps....

PS. Have you tried pressing the pearl on Andrew's flush with the bezel? This was a common 'fix' on the blue SMPs.....

Haven't opened it up, but according to Andrew it was the latest 21J, haven't tried pressing in the pearl yet... Do you have any more info on how to do it, what tool to use, etc? The pearl is flush with the ring, but it looks like you can easily tell the gen is inset.