When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newman dial...opinion request

dennio3

16 minutes ago, alligoat said:

Other than the crown emblem at 12 o'clock looking kind of flat and possibly lopsided, I'd say it's a pretty good dial- lettering and numbers look good. Once it's under a crystal, it ought to do fine. 

Alli, did you notice that the ROLEX COSMOGRAPH text is off-center (too far right) & the 90-degree 'step' between the dial face & subdials looks more like a ski slope? The dial has other issues that can be seen by comparing to gens.

Yep, now that I look at it- printed a picture of it and drew lines- the 'L' in Rolex is right of center, the twelve o'clock marker in the minute track is crooked, crown emblem is slightly cocked to the left and I do see the slope/rounding on the two subdials at 9 and 3- probably also on the subdial at 6, and there's that ring around the center hole.

But alas, it's a rep dial and the big thing people need to do is decide if it fits their needs or if they are going to keep looking around. Price enters into the equation and also if they're putting a V72 in there, which is a costly proposition in and of itself, so it might be a good idea to find a little better dial.    

1 hour ago, alligoat said:

Yep, now that I look at it- printed a picture of it and drew lines- the 'L' in Rolex is right of center, the twelve o'clock marker in the minute track is crooked, crown emblem is slightly cocked to the left and I do see the slope/rounding on the two subdials at 9 and 3- probably also on the subdial at 6, and there's that ring around the center hole.

But alas, it's a rep dial and the big thing people need to do is decide if it fits their needs or if they are going to keep looking around. Price enters into the equation and also if they're putting a V72 in there, which is a costly proposition in and of itself, so it might be a good idea to find a little better dial.    

....sure...
19 hours ago, freddy333 said:

Alli, did you notice that the ROLEX COSMOGRAPH text is off-center (too far right) & the 90-degree 'step' between the dial face & subdials looks more like a ski slope? The dial has other issues that can be seen by comparing to gens.

Opps ..... I did not realize
Edited by dennio3