When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help - Removing Links and Adjusting a PAM Bracelet

Whatch-A-Doin?

I wanted to do it myself tonight rather than wait until tomorrow...

Anyone else?

I think you'll need a pin remover to resize the bracelet.... (Can't remember what that bracelet is held together with)

Have a local watch shop do this for you. They shouldn't charge more than a couple of dollars for this service.

Edited by Whatch-A-Doin?

I wanted to do it myself tonight rather than wait until tomorrow...

Anyone else?

If that bracelet has pins, I would advise you not try it without the proper tool....

You could really mess it up and then you'd have to wait longer than one day to enjoy your new watch :o

[EDIT]

I see peekapoo noted that it has screws.... If this is the case, find a tiny screw driver and remove a screw out of the link and resize as needed....

Edited by jraines87

Panny bracelet has the pin and sleeve arrangement that is like the Omega bracelets.

You either need and bracelet tool or someting small enough to push the pin part way out, then pull the pin the rest of the way out with a pair of pliers (be careful, real easy to lose the small sleeves inside the links.

You can push them back in until they engage the sleeves, then you will need to either press the rest of the way or very carefully drive with a hammer.

Be gentle with the whole operation and you won't damage your bracelet or lose the sleeves, also very easy to bend a pin in the process.

I'd really suggest taking it to a jeweler.

Panny bracelet has the pin and sleeve arrangement that is like the Omega bracelets.

You either need and bracelet tool or someting small enough to push the pin part way out, then pull the pin the rest of the way out with a pair of pliers (be careful, real easy to lose the small sleeves inside the links.

You can push them back in until they engage the sleeves, then you will need to either press the rest of the way or very carefully drive with a hammer.

Be gentle with the whole operation and you won't damage your bracelet or lose the sleeves, also very easy to bend a pin in the process.

I'd really suggest taking it to a jeweler.

I did mine with a paperclip and needle nose pliers - cut about 3/8" of the straight piece of the clip, gripped it tightly in the pliers, pushed the pin out far enough to pull it with the pliers - then same in reverse to put it back together