When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Request To Dealers - Bracelet Fit

Usil

This is a general request to all dealers concerning the fit of watches with bracelets.

I have a 7 1/2 inch wrist which is probably in the mid range for wrist sizes. I bought a Breitling Navitimer last year when worn I was barely able to close the clasp. In addition, I just got a new IWC GST SS and when I put this on it fits but really needs one extra link to fit comfortably and allow for wrist expansion at the end of the day.

So, here is my request.

Would you please start noting on all watches offered with a bracelet, what the maximum size wrist will wear this comfortably?

Also, to allow for sales to people with larger wrists, would you start carrying extra links and pins for those of us that will need them. This can not be a great expence for you and would greatly widen the number of people who can actually buy your watches with bracelets. This should be a regular additon for your sales to make this easy for us so we don't have to go begging to get an extra link from members on this board and you don't have to try to continue to source these when they are needed.

Keep in mind that because I know that Breitling and IWC watches are tight on me and I will always have a problem with them, I will not be buying additional Breatling and IWC watches in the future if I know that I have to go through this bracelet size hassel each time. You as a dealer don't want this as it prevents additional sales to you from potential customers. There are a lot of Breitling and IWC watches I want and you could sell them to me if you would adopt this policy. Until then, the new Bretilings and IWC's hitting the markets now - I will not buy and that is a potential 1500 USD I would give to a dealer in the next 6 months if this issue could be solved.

As I said, the hassel on our side compared to a few extra links on your side seems to me a no brainer for a dealer. And the sizing information is really needed.

Usil

Am I the only one that thinks this is a good idea? Any comments from the dealers?

Usil

There will be no problem for the extra links in most cases when you purchase from PureTime, I usually keep some extra bracelets for spare so if you need extra links (usually 1 or 2 links) and I will just remove from the spare bracelet and enclose it with the package.

The IWC chrono titanium bracelet is unusually small.

A few forum members commented about this here previously.

I quiried one dealer about it fitting my 8.25 inch (21cm) wrist.

He replied no problem, will easily fit 23cm wrist.

Bit odd I thought, contrary to what info was being posted here.

Then I asked another dealer known for top notch service.

He replied no problem and included extra links.

Sure enough, bracelet was way too tight on the titanium model.

Couldn't even get it over my hand onto the wrist.

Word of caution, these titanium links are very difficult to push out the retaining pins, even with proper tools!

The pin tool device sent with these watches is totally worthless, metal is very soft.

Excellent idea, but as a guy who has 8.5" wrists, I have discovered that many of our most highly regarded dealers are not very reliable when asked to include extra links...I once had a dealer(one of the "top3") confirm that he would include extra links...the watch arrived without them...I asked the dealer about it, and he offered to SELL me an extra bracelet for $40.00!!...Needless to say...I don't shop THERE anymore!!

The bracelet size problem has discouraged me from buying a sizeable number of nice reps, mostly Breit's, IWC's, and Omega's, to avoid chasing extra links..... :wounded1: :wounded1: :wounded1:

frankt,

This is my point exactly. Getting parts is always a pain and many times it is hit and miss. Would't it be nice if the dealers said for their bracelet watches that they fit an XX inch wrist and each link adds x.x inches. If you need extra links let me know at the time of the order. Done. Simple. No longer a pain.

Will it ever happen?

Usil