When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where to buy gilt hands for Explorer 1016?

jphendren

Where to buy gilt hands for Explorer 1016?

I have a franken 1016 build that I am fixing up right now.  The watch has an Ingot44 gilt chapter ring 1016 dial, and currently has a set of gilt Yuki hands that came with a gilt Yuki dial.  When the watch was being assembled back in 2012 the minute hand got scratched, and has bothered me ever since.  Right now the watch is at a local watch smith having the Rolex 1570 movement overhauled, and I would like to have new hands put in while that is being done.  Yuki still lists a set of gilt hands:

http://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/6960394/7605712.htm

These look like the hands that I currently have, but it says they are for a Rolex 1030 movement.  Will these fit a Rolex 1570 as well?  Are there any other good sources for a set of gilt hands?

Thanks

According to my little chart, hand sizes for the 1030 and 1570 movement are the same- 80/130/20, so you should be ok with those hands.

Only catch on a 1016 is you need a longer minute hand- like 1mm longer maybe- 13mm vs the 12mm which is standard like on a sub. Don't know if Rafflestime or Helenarou has the long minute hand in a Rolex size.

Clark's would be another suitable supplier to check out.

I think these are Clarks hands on my 1016. I have a Swiss 2824-2 in there and built this watch 5 or 6 years ago. A slightly longer minute hand would have been better.

photo_zps82cbabf9.jpg

• Like 1