When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Oh Jeeez, My 250$ Genuine Sapphire Cracked :( Help Me So It Doent Happen Again

Are you for real or just winding us up?

I was thinking that myself.

This guy is trying to have a laugh at the expense of those who mod rep watches. Probably some interloper from a gen watch forum who gets all uppity and sanctimonious at the thought of reps.

Well, the best things come in threes.

I bought a third gen 295C, and now i will not press it in, i will glue it in with transparent epoxy adhesive both the gasket and the sapphire.

I will post the results (pics) once im finished.

This is just priceless, "no I shall not be so stupid as to merely PRESS my third genuine crystal this time, no I shall EPOXY it in place, that'll work, mwahahahaha....'.

Regardless of whether you're a troll or just a plain simpleton, I really think you need help. And by help, I mean the professional, comfy-leather-couch-and-thorazine-drip type of help.

Here's another Darwin entry, especially for you The Zigmeister ;) (hope it makes up for the 'hockey puck' slant :lol:)

183886-6473.jpg

This is just priceless, "no I shall not be so stupid as to merely PRESS my third genuine crystal this time, no I shall EPOXY it in place, that'll work, mwahahahaha....'.

Regardless of whether you're a troll or just a plain simpleton, I really think you need help. And by help, I mean the professional, comfy-leather-couch-and-thorazine-drip type of help.

Here's another Darwin entry, especially for you Ziggy ;) (hope it makes up for the 'hockey puck' slant :lol:)

183889-6472.jpg

Great, just Great...

First the Hockey Puck incident (messing with our National Sport) and now you descrate our National Symbol...the BEAVER...

Whereas countries such as the USA have the Majestic EAGLE for their national animal, in Canada, you have to look down the tree...a bit further down...yes look further down, and there right at the bottom, is our national animal, the beloved rodent, the Beaver. And I see that this particular one, is not the brightest one in the pack.

I have to go now, I dont' think I can take any more of this, what next...mocking Anne Murray and the Snowbird song...the horror, the horror...

RG

I have to go now, I dont' think I can take any more of this, what next...mocking Anne Murray and the Snowbird song...the horror, the horror...

Celine Dion is an easier target...

We can't stand her either, she pisses most Canadians off...thank god you took her away from us in Vegas.

...I thought that might be the case. Although, the last time I was in Montreal, the locals took me on a tour, and were happy to point out the cathedral where she was married...I just held my tongue.

Great, just Great...

First the Hockey Puck incident (messing with our National Sport) and now you descrate our National Symbol...the BEAVER...

Whereas countries such as the USA have the Majestic EAGLE for their national animal, in Canada, you have to look down the tree...a bit further down...yes look further down, and there right at the bottom, is our national animal, the beloved rodent, the Beaver. And I see that this particular one, is not the brightest one in the pack.

RG

Maple syrup is nice though, mmmmmm...and you can always cite Linda Evangelista to negate the 'Celine factor'.

Anyway it could be worse in terms of national emblems - YOU think you lot have a feckless cerebrally-challenged animal? Consider our mutual Commonwealth cousins from New Zealand ;)

Hey where's FlippedLidBonkers gone? C'mon we want photos of the second crystal 'incident' :lol:

Wait a sec... you are glueing a 295c in with Epoxy???? Can't be for real...

IMO Sapphire is sooo dense that even the best Epoxy won't have any position to act as glue on the Sapphire side - isn't that so? Why do you want a gen crystal - jsut for the sake of it? I mean, you will certainly see glue traces, making the watch look worse... Install a rep glass that fits and be happy.

Right, I could use an aftermarket Sapphire with correct magnification and size...but the thing is most of them do not have a correct laser crown, either its too big, or its simply not there.

I will glue it first to the spacerring by applying very few epody between gasket and sapphire edge, and then i will glue the whole thing into the watch. I'm pretty sure that can be done without the glue being visible in the end.

I will post detailed pictures of my work once its finished.

Edited by FlipLockBuckle

• 9 months later...
Okay guys, cut him some slack. I had to replace the domed sapphire crystal in my Seiko Orange Monster.

Being a "resourceful" sort, I used a big socket from my socket set to press the perimeter of the crystal, a piece of oak across the back of the case/lugs and a C-clamp from my carpentry shop.

It worked slick as a whistle.

Nanuq, this is an old thread. Unless you missed it FL was/is a wind up merchant, he was takin the p*ss out of the board...

Okay guys, cut him some slack. I had to replace the domed sapphire crystal in my Seiko Orange Monster.

Being a "resourceful" sort, I used a big socket from my socket set to press the perimeter of the crystal, a piece of oak across the back of the case/lugs and a C-clamp from my carpentry shop.

It worked slick as a whistle.

:lol: Nanuq - I know you're a little out of touch up there, but exhuming an 11-month old thread is a little extreme!!!!

I thought he'd returned from the dead for a moment!!!! Ah, FlippedLidBonkers, how we miss him ^_^

I thought he'd returned from the dead for a moment!!!! Ah, FlippedLidBonkers, how we miss him ^_^

Agree. In my personal opinion he was even better than Jetmid. :rolleyes:

• 4 years later...