When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Daytona Secs On 6 Stopped Working

V

Well a couple of weeks ago my uncle called me and he told me that his Daytona with the seconds at 6 had a problem.

While he was trying to wind it it was not very easy and it had from day to day a lower power reserve. One week before I went to see it it had stopped completely.

I opened the back and the rotor screw was unscrewed and the rotor was not turning correctly.

The problem is that now that I have screwed again the rotor screw although it turns and winds very easy again, the seconds are not moving. The watch is not working.

Any ideas?

Well a couple of weeks ago my uncle called me and he told me that his Daytona with the seconds at 6 had a problem.

While he was trying to wind it it was not very easy and it had from day to day a lower power reserve. One week before I went to see it it had stopped completely.

I opened the back and the rotor screw was unscrewed and the rotor was not turning correctly.

The problem is that now that I have screwed again the rotor screw although it turns and winds very easy again, the seconds are not moving. The watch is not working.

Any ideas?

I am using mine as a paperweight, that's unfortunately all those highly modified running seconds at 6 replicas are good for - even if you have it serviced the movement will not be able to sustain the stress in the long haul.

I am using mine as a paperweight, that's unfortunately all those highly modified running seconds at 6 replicas are good for - even if you have it serviced the movement will not be able to sustain the stress in the long haul.

Agree.. he has written it off.. But I wonder if there is another problem that it may be fixed.. because it seemed it was a problem with the rotor in the first place and nothing mechanical...

He knew in the first place the risks of the movements but he always wanted to have a Daytona like this so.. :rolleyes:

The problem with an A7750 based version of this is that there is plenty that can (and does) go wrong with the basic movement before you even think about the stresses of adding the 11 transfer gears required to shift those dials around the place.

Good luck to ya....