When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sending Faulty Watches Back To China - Can Anyone Help?

Tom

Could anyone advise me please?

I have a dealer in China who I have been happily using for three years now. He is very trustworthy and reliable, not to mention excellently priced.

I have recently been sent a watch (Chanel Superleggia) which is faulty and I want to send it back. However, I recently sent a faulty Glashutte back to him, which got stopped at Chinese customs and confiscated. Apparently China do not let watches into the country (check out the other things they won't admit - digital cameras, and a lot of other very odd things).

I sent the Glashutte standard Royal Mail recorded (I'm UK based). Do you think it would make a difference if I sent it fedex or dhl or another courier. I enjoy doing business with him but am worried I won't be able to send anything back to him due to Chinese customs.

These are the only two watches out of 20-30 I have bought that were wrong, but obviously I don't want to lose another one.

Cheers guys

Could anyone advise me please?

I have a dealer in China who I have been happily using for three years now. He is very trustworthy and reliable, not to mention excellently priced.

I have recently been sent a watch (Chanel Superleggia) which is faulty and I want to send it back. However, I recently sent a faulty Glashutte back to him, which got stopped at Chinese customs and confiscated. Apparently China do not let watches into the country (check out the other things they won't admit - digital cameras, and a lot of other very odd things).

I sent the Glashutte standard Royal Mail recorded (I'm UK based). Do you think it would make a difference if I sent it fedex or dhl or another courier. I enjoy doing business with him but am worried I won't be able to send anything back to him due to Chinese customs.

These are the only two watches out of 20-30 I have bought that were wrong, but obviously I don't want to lose another one.

Cheers guys

I have no personal experience sending products BACK to China, but from what I've read packing and labeling are very important (things like marking it as a gift, wrapping it in a particular way, etc).

Did your dealer give you any directions on how to package it? I remember reading something from The Zigmeister recently that outlined some of the finer points involved in packaging correctly to reduce the possibility of customs seizure. If you seach the board for it, you might find it useful?